Chrrvel 5A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrrvel 5A question

Back in the late 80's I remember seeing a Charvel model 5 with one volume, and one pickup (5A I believe), but I have not seen one since then. Were they that rare? I'd really like to find one now.

Re: Chrrvel 5A question

They pop up every now and then but not very often. I too would like to find one.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

They made them in early 1988 only. I have 2 of them that I love along with a couple 750XL's...... the only Japanese Charvels I've kept.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Here's mine!

</font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Man that's really cool looking! I hope I can find one. I've been looking, but no luck so far.

Comment

Killer "Halloween" graphic!!!

Comment

5As are nice I've had a few. Top mount floyd, nice neck angle and a J-95 and 1 vol, a perfect combination IMO.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You should PM YetAnotherOne. I believe he still has one that he might be willing to sell. Purple metal flake finish.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  You should PM YetAnotherOne. I believe he still has one that he might be willing to sell. Purple metal flake finish.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I just PMed him. Thanks for the heads up Bro.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That would be Black Cherry. I believe I sold him that one last year. I thought he sold it, but maybe he's still got it.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

WHat are fair price ranges for such guitars (5A's)? I am still looking for a single humbucker Floyd Charvel and this sounds ideal with the neck through construction.

Comment

You're welcome. I had actually wanted to buy it from him a few months ago, and then I got distracted by other matters requiring $$$.

Let us know if you manage to get a hold of it. Also, check www.chrisguitars.com and www.jcguitars.com. The single humbucker model is the hardest to find...I think that's because the owners like 'em so much!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          That would be Black Cherry. I believe I sold him that one last year. I thought he sold it, but maybe he's still got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I knew there was a proper name for the color. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Comment

I think these are rare because most of them were converted to 5fx guitars (hum/single coil) when they arrived in the USA by the "Ft. Worth Custom Shop"... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Was was the original list price for a 5A like shown and what is a good price for one today?

Comment

Working...
                              X