Chrrvel 5A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Love Charvel 5A\'s

<font color="aqua">I'm with you Greg, these are fantastic guitars and they were just the epitomy of the perfect R&amp;R guitar. I must say, if there could have been one improvement, it would have had binding. I'm very honored to have mine as the GOTM this month. </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah dude, Your guitar is perfect for Holloween month! The pumpkin was a nice touch too.

Comment

Thanks guys, now I am lusting for a Charvel 5A, along with the Model 2 I have been trying to find!!! Well at least it will be easier to find either one rather than JUST one.

Comment

I was expecting the J-95 to be a dark pickup, but my new 5A is brighter than i thought it would be. Are your on the bright side? I really like the sound of this one, but it's not what I expected.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I was expecting the J-95 to be a dark pickup, but my new 5A is brighter than i thought it would be. Are your on the bright side? I really like the sound of this one, but it's not what I expected.

[/ QUOTE ]
            When I owned that guitar, I didn't think it was really all that bright with the J95. When I put the X2N in it for a brief period... holy crap, it was so bright that I couldn't believe it!! How do you like the push/pull coil tap that was added? I think it makes the J95 sound nice in single coil mode. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

&gt; Yo,Chuck,be very careful to lock your doors when you leave,lest that creamy 5A will suddenly vanish,and relocate itself out of state,LOL. Seriously,if you ever decide to part with it,or know of another one in the same color reasonably clean,let me know. Tommy D.
              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Hey Roy If you want to try my J-95 let me know.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  When I owned that guitar, I didn't think it was really all that bright with the J95. When I put the X2N in it for a brief period... holy crap, it was so bright that I couldn't believe it!! How do you like the push/pull coil tap that was added? I think it makes the J95 sound nice in single coil mode. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I like the coil tap it's a really cool idea that Charvel should have done on this guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hey Roy If you want to try my J-95 let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Will do bro.

Comment

Yeah, I've always thought Jackson/Charvel should have used it on that and more guitars with only one pickup and one volume. I actually took it out of my Professional '94 string-thru Dinky HX. It came stock on the tone control as a master coil tap. I put EMGs (85 and 60) in it and had no use for the old pots. Glad you're enjoying it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X