• Show
Clear All

• Help Identify Charvel Please(big pic)

Hello,
    A local guy is selling this for $165.00
    Is this a Import model series?
    Thanks,
    Finn

Re: Help Identify Charvel Please(big pic)

<font color="aqua">I would say no, it isn't. The neck isn't a Charvel Model series and the bodies didn't have the input jack like that. </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Any other thoughts?
      Finn

Comment

I can't see all of the headstock. Could It possibly be a Kramer Pacer body?

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Its not a charvel thats for sure body looks too thin. Neck looks like a Chandler. Model necks had a regular nut with an after the nut Kahler type lock.Looks like a $50.00 parts hound.JMO
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Definitely looks like something that's been re-worked to me. That volume control is in a position where you'd normally find a 2nd tone pot. I bet if you pulled the pickguard, you'd find something other than a rout for a single HB. I agree that the body doesn't look like Charvel-ish either. That guitar strikes me as a being a parts-o-caster.

That said, if it plays well and you like the tone, it might be a good deal at that price.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

The body seems to be from a Kramer Pacer. The contours are more consistent with that. (the top-mounted pickup jack is also a feature on the pacers) The neck is not a Charvel either. The 12th fret dots are too far apart. There's a possibility that the previous owner had re-shaped the Kramer hockey-stick headstock, the scarf-joint seems to be of that ilk.

In short, there's nothing Charvel about this guitar.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I was thinking it was more likely a Kramer focus... the 3000 series looked like that. The placement of the volume screams aftermarket pickguard - likely if you pulled that pickguard off, you'd find routing for more two single coil pickups or a swimming pool rout. If it plays well and sounds good, could be a deal for $165. I'd lightly sand the neck and reoil it if I bought it, however.

Pete

Comment

I was thiniking it looks like a Kramer Aerostar body (they have thin bodies like that)

or even worse, a *gulp* Squier Affinity body.

If the neck and tremolo are good, you may want to pick it up just for the parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X