Educate me on Model Series guitars that have Floyd locknuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    Great discussion everyone. Nice seeing the different factory locknut types on these late Model Series.

The seller of the white Model 5 seen in my first post listed the guitar for $1500 Canadian ($1177.72 American as of this writing) a week ago, and that is too high for me regardless of whether or not the locknut was factory, but it made me post this topic to solicit the perspectives of you sharp-eyed detectives.
    They're all three the same model kahler nut.

You just can't see the writing because of the light or angle of the pic's. I can see it on all three
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

You are right, I had to magnify the photo Razor posted (in post #10) and brighten it to see the Kahler design. On my small phone screen without zooming in and increasing the brightness, I was fooled into thinking it was an actual Floyd-style locknut. (I should also have read his accompanying text more closely too!)

Comment

The owner of that Model 5 I shared in my first post provided me some more photos of the nut. Sorry for the low quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          The owner of that Model 5 I shared in my first post provided me some more photos of the nut. Sorry for the low quality.

Download them and zoom in, it's not factory and it's a crappy job. There is space between the nut and board as well as a shim and a chunk out where the plastic nut would have been.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

$_1.jpg $_1 (2).jpg

Can you see it now

Comment

Working...
            X