Hola' ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola' ...

Down to just 2 Charvels these days but frankly they are all i need in addition to my other guitars.
    The red one is a modified 1986' Model 2, made in Japan, Basswood body, Indian rosewood FB, was doweled professionally many moons ago. Steel Schaller Tremeister Floyd w/ big brass sustain block.
    I added the vintage EMG-81 back in the 90's. There is a difference in op-amps in older EMG's compared to the China one's now. Red paint is still lush & vibrant for 37 years.
    Ive had the Model 2 for 22 years, got it from Hersh @ the old Daddy's Junky Music.
    The Satchel sig i got on a trade, outstanding freaking guitar. CNC is flawless. Charvel Mexico is really making decent products for the $$$. Big brass on this one too as all my Floyds.
    The Fishman Fluence Classic are my first Fishman products, they're amazing and like a cross between the best EMG & passives you've ever heard. Very warm sounding actives.
    $.02
    Last edited by Fusion-Dewd; 03-07-2022, 07:16 AM.
    Playing somewhere with outrageously LOUD amps.

Very cool!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome! Damn nice entrance! I have an EMG 81 in a Model 2 and it's a bad ass rockin' machine! I like the old Charvels and I like my MIM Charvels too.
      Last edited by Razor; 03-08-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        Welcome! Damn nice entrance! I have an EMG 81 in a Model 2 and it's a bad ass rockin' machine! I like the old Charvels and I like my MIM Charvels too.

Thanks, i got mine late 90's at the old now defunct MARS Music. I asked the guy "i want the narliest heavy pickup you got" and thats pretty much what i got.
        The older EMG's had an op-amp that's not available anymore in the new Chinese version.
        I bought a Zakk EMG set for a Les Paul Custom and they were a big dud compared to the 81 in my Charvel.
        Couldn't get rid of them fast enough.
        The metal bezel is an original NOS Mighty Mite i just happen to stumble upon ebay.
        Last edited by Fusion-Dewd; 03-08-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Nice !!! I like the tiger
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X