Model 7, NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Good tone and very nice playing. Congrats on getting a nice minty Legend!!! By the way the Jackson tuners are proper. The import MIJ Charvels all had Jackson logo'd tuners as they were Charvel by Jackson.
    Thank you Razor. And thanks for checking it out. I'm very happy with the axe

Comment

Wow, the clarity on those single coils is great. Thanks for the video. It was a nice way to learn more about a model that obviously existed all this time but I would have ignored in my younger years because of my lifelong dedication to superstrats. But, as I've gotten older, my tastes have expanded, and current me would probably appreciate owning something like this.

Does the bridge pickup have a huge metal baseplate like a true Telecaster? I learned too late in life, and only after owning a Fender Telecaster recently, that the baseplate contributes to the unique aggressive growl of a Tele bridge pickup, which dispelled my unfounded assumption that Tele bridge pickups were thin and twangy.

Comment

NOTP I'm in the same boat. Always been a superstrat for me too. I tried a few different things over the years, but it always came back to a superstrat. A couple of years ago my father in law built me a Telecaster. He plays mainly 60's and 70's music. I love playing with him as he's a superb lead player, and I pick up things I'd never think of while playing with him. I'm not a lead player, and I just love chugging along with him. Here's the story of my "Smith Caster". He'd been building Telecasters for himself and repairing guitars for friends and familiy for years. One of the first ones he built was sassafras with USA hardware and neck and it's just a beast. So mine is a clone of his except for the pickups. He put V-Mods in mine.

It's a four piece sassafras body with all Fender hardware including the neck, controls and pickups. When he built it I requested "hot" pickups, and he didn't fail to impress me with these. This is a fun guitar to play, and it's very bright and articulate because of the sassafras.

Here's my cover of AC/DC's "Sin City" from their 1991 "Live" album which is on of my favorites. A few hiccups here and there, but nothing terribly egregious. I'm not flashy, and never gonna win a speed contest, but this guitar is fun and comfortable to play. It's a Made In Mexico neck on it.

Comment

Duude! I’ve read your story and I love it. Wish I could see the video. I don’t have Facebook unfortunately so I can’t :/

Sounds like a very cool relation that you and your father in law has. I’m curious about the guitar so I hope I’ll get to see and hear it in some way some day

take care and thanks for the story!

cheers /Jonatan
          Originally posted by Razor View Post
          NOTP I'm in the same boat. Always been a superstrat for me too. I tried a few different things over the years, but it always came back to a superstrat. A couple of years ago my father in law built me a Telecaster. He plays mainly 60's and 70's music. I love playing with him as he's a superb lead player, and I pick up things I'd never think of while playing with him. I'm not a lead player, and I just love chugging along with him. Here's the story of my "Smith Caster". He'd been building Telecasters for himself and repairing guitars for friends and familiy for years. One of the first ones he built was sassafras with USA hardware and neck and it's just a beast. So mine is a clone of his except for the pickups. He put V-Mods in mine.

It's a four piece sassafras body with all Fender hardware including the neck, controls and pickups. When he built it I requested "hot" pickups, and he didn't fail to impress me with these. This is a fun guitar to play, and it's very bright and articulate because of the sassafras.

Here's my cover of AC/DC's "Sin City" from their 1991 "Live" album which is on of my favorites. A few hiccups here and there, but nothing terribly egregious. I'm not flashy, and never gonna win a speed contest, but this guitar is fun and comfortable to play. It's a Made In Mexico neck on it.

https://www.facebook.com/ray.farley....29649379955544

Comment

Yes those pickups sure has clarity. I’m just the same in how I look at a guitar like this now compared to what I used to.

I haven’t opened up the bridge to look underneath actually. Byt you make me curious to do so. I’ll get back here with an answer next time I change strings At the moment I’m so busy learning songs for a new band I’m applying for so I haven’t had much time for this axe lately. Perhaps I’ll sneak this one in as a backup axe just because … ;p And so I’ll have more time with it.

cheers! /Jonatan
            Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Wow, the clarity on those single coils is great. Thanks for the video. It was a nice way to learn more about a model that obviously existed all this time but I would have ignored in my younger years because of my lifelong dedication to superstrats. But, as I've gotten older, my tastes have expanded, and current me would probably appreciate owning something like this.

Does the bridge pickup have a huge metal baseplate like a true Telecaster? I learned too late in life, and only after owning a Fender Telecaster recently, that the baseplate contributes to the unique aggressive growl of a Tele bridge pickup, which dispelled my unfounded assumption that Tele bridge pickups were thin and twangy.

Comment

Working...
            X