Model 7, NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 7, NGD

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Av7Tu9yrli2Hg-hINTPzrZshe_eKjAHi guys!
    I’m a member here since almost 20 years but unfortunately I had to make a new account due to sign in problems…

Anyways… Today I bought a new guitar. A model 7/Legend Charvel. Have googled the hell out of it but wanted to get some more info. Anything is appreciated. But mainly I’m looking to confirm the year of production. -91 the store said.

I also wanted to share some pics of it. It is in amazing condition for approx 30 years old. Barely a scratch. Almost all screws seems to never have had a screwdriver in them… Neck pickup says ”jackson”. I suppose it is a J120? Haven’t checked it’s bottom plate yet.

Serial: 355984

Cheers /Jonatan
    Last edited by jonatanbergmusician; 07-07-2024, 01:14 AM.

Score..... Congratulations
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Thanks buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonatanbergmusician View Post
        I suppose it is a J120? Haven’t checked it’s bottom plate yet.
        Probably a J100... I don't see why it wouldn't be?

sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Nice guitar. That has always been the one that got away. A local pawn shop had one back in the '90s when I first started playing. Didn't have the money at the time.

Comment

NIce, but that's actually a Legend, not a Model 7. The Model 7 does not have the "toothpaste" style logo.

This is a Model 7.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

NICE Model 7! Isn't that color called Wine Mist or something similar? I had one the same color except had a Model 2 neck. Sold it to my bass player a few years ago for cheap, since it was far from original.
              M7_Pink by catzodellamarina, on Flickr

I also have a real Model 7: "The Skank". This is one of my main live guitars, mostly used for drop D. Here it is with all the Charvels I own. The green CS "Dweezil" is my main live guitar; a numbered small batch run some of us old time JCF members ordered.
              3_Charvies by catzodellamarina, on Flickr

Comment

Very nice score on what looks like a minty Legend. Here's a catalog scan from the 1989 catalog with specs.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
                  NICE Model 7! Isn't that color called Wine Mist or something similar? I had one the same color except had a Model 2 neck. Sold it to my bass player a few years ago for cheap, since it was far from original.
                  M7_Pink by catzodellamarina, on Flickr

I also have a real Model 7: "The Skank". This is one of my main live guitars, mostly used for drop D. Here it is with all the Charvels I own. The green CS "Dweezil" is my main live guitar; a numbered small batch run some of us old time JCF members ordered.
                  3_Charvies by catzodellamarina, on Flickr
                  It's not mine, just a pic I found online. I thought it was some kind of salmon, but I'm remembering now it's Burgundy Mist.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Charvel Legend | Specifications (axebition.com)
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Very nice.
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yep. Should’ve had it in the Title aswell. It’s just so ”Model 7” that I’ve heard ppl refered to it as such. Got stuck in the pitfall I guess

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        NIce, but that's actually a Legend, not a Model 7. The Model 7 does not have the "toothpaste" style logo.

This is a Model 7.

Comment

Thanks for the image. I saw a similar scan that I’ve used in a video that I’m making of the guitar. It sure is mint. Some minor color loss on the neck plate from rubbing against someones belly, that’s it. I’ve taken some close-up photos of the guitar for the video.

I like the toothpaste more

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          Very nice score on what looks like a minty Legend. Here's a catalog scan from the 1989 catalog with specs.

Comment

I made a video with the guitar on YouTube. You’re welcome to ad any info that I forgot to mention.

Have been playing this guitar a lot now and I’m really enjoying it. A pretty unique model that brings lot’s of inspiration.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by jonatanbergmusician
                              I made a video with the guitar on YouTube. You’re welcome to ad any info that I forgot to mention.

Have been playing this guitar a lot now and I’m really enjoying it. A pretty unique model that brings lot’s of inspiration.

cheers!
                              Good tone and very nice playing. Congrats on getting a nice minty Legend!!! By the way the Jackson tuners are proper. The import MIJ Charvels all had Jackson logo'd tuners as they were Charvel by Jackson.
                              Last edited by Razor; 07-28-2024, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X