Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what could it be?

strat style :

i found one today : white with black pickguard , 2 jackson emg-style look humbuckers ,
    Kahler - not topmount - sorta like a floyd rose but made in USA kahler.
    rosewood + dots

bolt on model series ( fort worth tx).

What models was this ? How much is it worth ?
    As i've never owned a strat before can a 2 hum pickguarded guitar be converted to a one hum by switching the pickguard ?

What models we're one humbucker only ?

Is charvel by Jackson/Charvel a designation for Japanese made instruments or for US also ?

what could those be (i know there's ebay section for this but i don't want to start a new thread ):

i'm a total newbie when it comes to Charvels, and i can't see anything on the neckplate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , and if they are usa's what model got close to the looks of these ?

ps.Admins / mods - if you want to edit the 2nd part of this post , feel free to do it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: what could it be?

What you described sounds like an '86 Charvel Model 3A. The eBay links are both 87-88 Charvel Model 2s.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I was thinking Model 3A also.
      To answer your questions:
      -Price from $200 to $300 in US on ebay
      -You could convert the pickguard, but might be better to look for a guitar exactly like you want
      -1 hum was available in Model 1 (vintage trem), Model 2 (kahler or Jackson JT-6, and the Model 5A.
      -The Charvel by Jackson/Charvel (on headstock logo and neckplate) was used on the Model Series and signifys made in Japan

Do a Search query in Import Charvels for Model Series, you'll find lots of threads. I found this early brochure thru the search:
      Early Charvel Brochure

Comment

hahaha, 200-300 , so i'd be better buying stuff here on the jcf / us ebay and paying whole shipping and taxes than buying something over here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - 600 $ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thx for help guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's a link to my 1986 Model 3A for reference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...s/Model_3A.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X