Model 3A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model 3A?

maybe its a Jackson body? their single routes look like that. Going along with what Dave said about the size of the pickup ring makes me believe that this was either a single hum or H-S-S modded to H-S-H. It looks to me that an oversized bezel wouldn't fit or it would be pretty damn tight up against the neck.

Another thing to consider is since GodOfRhythm is in Belgium that this perhaps is a model not sold here in the states and was an export model. there is always something out there to stump the import experts.

btw...neck pick-up looks like a DiMarzio

Its a pretty cool guitar nonetheless...$350-400 is steep for me here in the states for an import Charvel but maybe a good buy for folks overseaes. I certainly know it is a great guitar and considering what 350 would buy you new today, not too bad of a deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

That could be true, Shawn. I'm going to check with some local dealers, and ask for some catalogues.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Looks like a modded model 2 to me. If it were a model 3A it would have to be refinned to get rid of the pup ring screw holes for the neck pup. Why would somebody go to that trouble? (unless they didn't have the original pup ring?) Do you have pics of the rear of the body? May not even be a Charvel body. All of the Jackson imports with that pup config had dinky bodies didn't they?
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

best way to be sure - check the neck pocket
          Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            best way to be sure - check the neck pocket

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnest way to be sure - post more pics!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

i'm convinced that its a modded model 3 (not 3a)

-smaller pup ring would not fit a m3a hum route.
              -pup selector and tone knob routes would be more trouble that there worth on a model 2.
              -it is a charvel model body, the horns and edges and trem posts tell me that.
              -would have been a lot easier to just mod the middle single coil to accept replacement "lipped" pups than to route it from scratch from a model 2 or 3a. notice that in the pup pick, it appears that the top side of the single coil route has paint on the inside edge, while the bottom of the route does not.
              fantastic guitar, looks like a clean mod job. good score!
              ~JW
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
              X