Model ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model ones

How much did a model one go for in the day? And were they concidered a "student" guitar??

Comment

I wouldn't consider them a "student guitar" at all. They're solid guitars with very little frills.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

i love the model series. i have a model 3 and model 3a and they have been my most used guitars over the years.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I really looking forward to having this guitar. The only thing I keep wondering is if the standard trem is going to drive me nuts. I usually have Floyds and would love to have one flat mounted to a guitar as you all know the Model one has no big floating rout. The only thing I worry about is the cost of putting a Floyd on it, and the destruction of its original setup. Have any of you done the Floyd swap on a Model 1?

Comment

Why not just pick up a Model 2??? The only difference besides the Floyd is the fretboard.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

You said it the fretboard. I've always wanted a maple board. I probabaly won't do the floyd thing. I'll see if its possible to have a standard trem stay in tune.

Comment

Well, you can get a replacement maple/maple neck from eBay. It's a lot easier to reverse than routing for a floyd. Actually that's what I've done for a couple of my Model series Charvels.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

What type of trem is on the model one? I know its standard strat type, but who made it? And is it possible to have one that actually will keep tune when using it? Are locking tuners a good choice if I want to stay stock?

Comment

Gotoh 105.As with any vintage trem a little tweaking is needed.Just make sure the sustain block is tight,use enough spring pressure to make sure the trem returns to sitting on the body after diving.Fender leaves the trem sitting up just a little so you can pull a half step up but if the nut is not cut right you will have trouble having it come back sharp or flat.Having the nut cut correctly and lightly lubed
                    cures 90%of a vintage trems shortcomings.I usually file off the rough edges in the six mounting or pivot screw holes in the trem plate so the trems pivots smoothly on the trem screws.I find a minnimum of 4 trem springs with 9s or 10s works well.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X