thinking of building a star guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of building a star guitar

i have a charvel model 3 that has a battered body but everything else is o.k. i was toying with the idea of getting hold of a star body and transfering the neck and the rest of the gubbins to complete the build.

question 1. where can i obtain a star body ?

question 2. do the warmoth neck sockets fit the charvel model series necks?

question 3. also do the modern import jackson guitar body's have the same body/neck specs as the charvel model series?

thanx!!
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Re: thinking of building a star guitar

ad.1) warmoth had star bodies , that what they at least used to have.

good luck with your projects.

Comment

question 1. where can i obtain a star body ?

GMW may be your best bet, that is where I got mine. But if they don't have it in stock it could take a while. Warmoth would be my next choice. Either place you can't go wrong.

Here is a pic of my Star. GMW body and Warmoth neck.

question 2. do the warmoth neck sockets fit the charvel model series necks?

You may have a bit of trouble here. I've put a Warmoth neck on a Model Series body a few times and the pocket is just a hair bigger. So putting a Model Series neck on a Warmoth body may be a tight fit. All the Warmoth stuff is made to Fender Strat specs if you want to check fit before you order.

question 3. also do the modern import jackson guitar body's have the same body/neck specs as the charvel model

I believe so, but I'm not sure. Also, most of the newer Jackson import stuff is 24 fret and there were no 24 fret bolt on Model Series necks. The Contemporary Series Fusions were 24 fret, but short scale.

Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

tx, is that a reflection or a gigantic scratch I see there?
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That would the pole to my camera tripod [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That would the pole to my camera tripod [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Yeah, I have that problem also, Scott (stuka) likes to refer to it as my "walker" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Beautiful star bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hey Tx~ Whenever you decide to unload that Star.... Let me know, will ya? I have been thinking about a custom shop star but plain ol' black sure looks nice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

1: www.wayneguitars.com
                2: no
                3: not to sure

the star bodies at warmoth are not the original star specs and honestly just don't look as cool plus the neck won't fit right and you need that joint as tight as possible.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                X