Charvel Spectrum Neck Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Spectrum Neck Profile

Hello folks, I'm looking for some info/advice from someone regarding the Charvel Spectrum.

I'm talking to someone on ebay about one of these that they are selling and before I decide to get in on the bidding can anyone tell me what the neck profile is like on these things? I'm currently playing a JJ4 and a JDX-94 (amongst others). The JJ4 is strung with 13s and tuned down to C regular and I'm looking for an interesting back up guitar to use if my JJ4 goes down. The Spectrum definitely fits the "interesting back up bill" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not using the JDX-94 as a backup bcause the neck is too thin to take 13s, if the Spectrum has a similar neck profile then there is no point in me getting into the bidding for it, which would be a bit of a shame I think [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Re: Charvel Spectrum Neck Profile

thin.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The JDX-94 would probably be pretty similar to the Spectrum.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yep, that sums it up nicely!
        "POOP"

Comment

lol

So, I'm guessing form the "thin" replies that putting a set of 13s on a Spectrum is not such a good idea?

Comment

DING DING DING, we have a winner!
            "POOP"

Comment

It may not be your cup 'o tea, but I recently bought a Schecter C-1 EX and IMO it is designed with being detuned in mind. They don't make this model anymore, so it may be hard to track one down, but I was impressed for a Korean made guitar. I wouldn't change anything about it, the neck profile, the tone pros bridge, neck thru hardtail, even the pups are nicely voiced for detuned applications. I would say the next model Schecter makes that is similar to this is the C1 plus.

You'd have to swap out those J-200's on a Spectrum for anything like a detuned application. IMO they lack the punch.

Comment

I've had a look at Schecters but I ended up I buying one of the Yamaha Strat-style Drop6 guitars that has an extened scale lenght and is tuned to B. It's okay, but I'm slowly replacing all my guitars with Jacksons or Charvels of a similar nature - yaaasssss.

Currently I've got a JDX-94 and an Epi Les Paul tuned regular and a JJ4 and this Yamaha both with 13s at C. I want to replace the Yamaha with a Jackson/Charvel strat type thing and I quite fancied the Spectrum, looks like it's a no goer.

And thank you Germandeth for your insight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X