• Show
Clear All

• Never seen this before

Any one know what this is? web page

Re: Never seen this before

It's not a 3DR..... I know that much.

Comment

It looks like it might be a heavily modded '86 Model 1. Added neck pickup & mini switches & upgraded to the Spyder trem. There are other possibilities, but they would have required more radical mods, so this makes the most sense to me.

Comment

Would that be a 1M witht he maple fretboard? Or was maple standard on the 1? That neck single with the ring is horrendous. I would bet money there is a hacked up home made route under there.

Comment

it's also possible that it started life as a Model 2, added a maple f/b neck (from a M1), neck p/u & toggles.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Definately a Model 1 with an aftermarket bridge and nut job. Any Model series with a locking trem had the khaler nut, this one has a floyd nut.

Also, isn't a 3DR a Dinky body with a reverse head?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Maple is the standard on the Model 1.

Yes, the 3DR is the early style dinky with the shorter horns and a reverse headstock. However not all model series had the JT-6/Kahler locking nut. Most 3DRs had a Floyd-ish Kahler nut.

When it comes to trying to figure out a guitar that has been modded, I try to follow the path of least resistence. With that, I agree with Gary.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

The reason I was thinking Model 1 was that if it's an '86 (which I assumed because of the control route), a Model 2 would have had a Kahler trem , & it would have been quite a bit more work router-wise to upgrade to the Spyder than if it had the vintage trem. All guesswork, & I may be wrong about the year if I'm wrong about the control route changing after '86.

Comment

Working...
                X