Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMG neck single coil to match with EMG 81 brid

[ QUOTE ]
    One thing about the EMG 81's is that they should sound the same no matter what guitar they are put in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snopes.com should debunk this myth. An old wives tale that needs to be put to rest. EMGs' tone is subject to the particular guitar and gets colored by body/neck woods, just like any other pickup. It would be no different than saying Brand X pickup sounds the same in any guitar when you plug it into an overdrive pedal. Ummmm.... yeah.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

EMG's can sound different from one guitar to another, the wood's characteristics are still there no matter what pickup you use, i have owned at least 6 guitars with EMG's and they all have had their own identites, tonally, so don't believe all that "active=singular tone" jargon, because it isn't true. Make careful considerations of a wood's natural tonal characteristics before making a decision on pickups, EMG 81's just make a guitar's natural tone cleaner and more powerful, and that's what it's meant to do...most excellently, IMO!!

Comment

SO do the covered stacked Jackson singles have removeable covers, or am I going to have to buy those generic black plastic "no holes" covers to match my EMG. I do like the Jackson J-100 now enough to keep it.

Comment

Generic cover, the J-200s are encased in resin, mmuch like EMGs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Zerberus. Good score on the Charvel Fusion Deluxe. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              That Jackson single coil in your picture is not a J200.

For one thing, the J200s are single coil sized humbuckers. The J200 has no exposed poles (like an EMG) and the J200R has two rails (like a SD Hot/Cool Rail).

To my knowledge, the only guitars that had J200 series pickups were the Fusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some Dinkies had them too. Then the Predator, 475DLX and the 650XL had them too. (a couple other models too)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I didn't know any Predators came with the J-200? I've always seen them with J-200R (rail-type).

Comment

Sorry, I misread the database. It is the 200R.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    SO do the covered stacked Jackson singles have removeable covers, or am I going to have to buy those generic black plastic "no holes" covers to match my EMG. I do like the Jackson J-100 now enough to keep it.

[/ QUOTE ]

generics, the Jackson SC p/u's are all one piece, encased, but get a metal one, if you can find one, i think it helps broaden the magnetic field of the pickup, possibly giving a bit higher signal...not 100% sure on that though, just going by what i have done in the past with passive humbuckers... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X