charvel 750xl bodywood. mahogany? dont think so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: charvel 750xl bodywood. mahogany? dont think s

the top of it is definately maple, about that I am rather sure.

Harrald

Comment

My 750's heavy as anything ! You can see it here or in Travis' thread .

Sem Fitty !

Comment

I was wondering about one thing. if I compare my model 6 to the 750xl then I have the feeling there is paid less attention to things, for example, the inlays are not as straight as on the "6", there is the bodywood flaw etc. anyone else these kind of thoughts as well? it seems to me the quality dropped considerably at the end of the 80's

harrald

Comment

Well, my 650 and 750 are equal in terms of build quality and they were manufactured in 89.

Comment

Hey Harrald,I sold ya that 750XL.Sorry,have not been posting in some time,too busy.I have owned 7 750's through the years,that being the first one.That was also the lightest one,I couldn't understand it either.I actually posted on here about the weight discrepancy but all confirmed it was a 750XL.I am soory that it turned out not to be a Mahogany guitar,but as I remember I loved the tone from that guitar.I had a cheap Ibanez pup in it and it ripped.I love what you did with it,I have one refinished in bengal,just needs to be wired and set up,although the logo is nowhere near as nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

If you guys would like, I could stop replying with any info from the MoAIP altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Was this sarcasm? I never meant anything snotty if that's how it came off. (Maybe the greamlin was a poor choice?) Here's the catalog page that I'm refering to (large pic warning!):

</font>
              89 Catalog page

[/ QUOTE ]

That catalog states the pickups for the 475 and 650xl are active. I always thought they were passive with an active boost circuit.

As far as the 750xl. It is a possibility that someone grabbed the wrong blank or stock got mixed up, or they used a piece of basswood to test the tooling and it got sent through the production.

Comment

Yeah, there are a couple of instances in the catalogs where they refer to "active pickups and electronics", which is a little misleading because the pickups are definitely passive.

Comment

Working...
                X