Volume Knob on MD 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volume Knob on MD 6

<font color="aqua">The volume pot value is actually 50k and I have run into this occurance once, so it's not "too" unheard of. As the others have advised, just change the pot. Mousers electronics, I'm sure, handle these. </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The volume pot value is actually 50k and I have run into this occurance once, so it's not "too" unheard of. As the others have advised, just change the pot. Mousers electronics, I'm sure, handle these

[/ QUOTE ]

I went home last night, took the back off, checked it out, then took the knob off, sprayed a little WD-40, rotated the switch, put it back on. It worked perfectly [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What the hell [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I don't know what I did, whether I moved some of the wires in the back, if the WD-40 Is actually a wonder cure. Whatever it is, I'm grateful.

Thanks

.................what the.......... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

<font color="aqua">If you use that to play out or record, I'd be careful of that pot. It almost sounds like the contact "disc" is moving around on you so it may do it again. Hell, maybe it was just a buildup of the contact material and it was "jumping" across the contacts and when you sprayed the wd-40 into it, it cleaned it. </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hell, maybe it was just a buildup of the contact material and it was "jumping" across the contacts and when you sprayed the wd-40 into it, it cleaned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoping that's it! I don't use it out on gigs, just for walking around the house practicing, accompanied by my Pandora's box, which is a great combo. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
          X