• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I joined the ranks!

Budman's got one up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...43767&rd=1

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't need a whole new nut, just that plate. I noticed the E/A & B/E string plates on the one Budman is selling on ebay are all one piece. Mine's not like that. Mine's like three floating plates that the locking screws screw into.

I took note of the inlay spacing and I also knew from reading here about the Ft Worth, TX plates that my axe was Japanese. But based on the serial number (007555) what year would my axe be? I can't seem to find a list for Japanese Charvel numbers.

I got this bottle of stuff that sounds like it might work to take off the top grey coat.

It says it won't damage the underlying coating too. I'm just waiting for the weather to improve before I try it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Dave (Budman68) should be able to help you. PM him or contact him through his site http://www.fretsonthenet.com . If he doesn't have the part, he'll probably know who does.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think Dave (Budman68) should be able to help you. PM him or contact him through his site http://www.fretsonthenet.com . If he doesn't have the part, he'll probably know who does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, thanks man. I'll shoot him a PM right now [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

hey, uhhh, what's this about the 12th fret spacing? that's a new one on me...and i love the simplicity of it having no tone knobs, just one volume...excellent...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              hey, uhhh, what's this about the 12th fret spacing? that's a new one on me...and i love the simplicity of it having no tone knobs, just one volume...excellent...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can tell where the guitar was made by the 12th fret spacing on dot inlayed guitars. Close together means Japanese, farther apart means Korea or where ever else they were made.
              I agree about this axe's simplicity. I'm probably going to add another volume control when I install the neck 'bucker though...I like having the option of dialing in that sweet spot with the two pickups running together. But no tone knob does equal excellence. I never do use it on my RR...it's just there for looks really [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

working the graveyard shift, i see...huh, Shel?? [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X