Charvel Model 4 Pawn Shop Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 4 Pawn Shop Score

Hello everyone. I am posting some pictures of a Charvel Model 4 that I found when I was out Christmas shopping. I have been looking for an older "Model" guitar and was fortunate to find it for a decent price. Charvel/Jackson guitars are somewhat rare around this area. Most music shops/pawn shops scratch their heads when you ask for any Charvel and/or Jackson guitars. I also scored a Peavey Bravo 112 tube amp at the same pawn shop. I know I should have posted the guitar pictures sooner, but I am finally getting around to it.

This is my first guitar with a Kahler and I like it. I have ordered the Heavy Spring/Trem Bar Kit from Axeparts and should have it next week to install. I also like the 3 Mini-Toggle switches on this guitar. This guitar came with a nice TKL hardshell case. There are only a few nicks and dings on the guitar body. Most of them are in the clear coat and none of them are to the wood. It plays great and I like the Jackson Preamp system that is in it. There is no oxidation on the Kahler and the neck is straight.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Ben

Re: Charvel Model 4 Pawn Shop Score

Nice! I like it & what a nice Xmas present for ya!
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

that´s cool
      esp that it is a 86er Kahler one [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      congrats

Comment

Awesome Ben [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">That is beautiful Ben! I love white guitars and yours is sharp as hell- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice score Ben. It looks to be in really good shape. I have a 86 Model 6 and I like the kahler also. BTW - how much did you get it for?
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Jwoods986, I paid $200.00 out the door. I tried to get them lower but that was as low as they were wiling to go. I have not seen too many Model Series around here and decided to pick it up rather than have "Guitar Regret" if I did not. It was marked $239.99 and we reached an agreement for both the Peavey Bravo 112 and the Charvel. Not too bad of an afternoon of Pawn Shop searching.

Comment

Hey guys ? What Model 4 comes without the Sharkies ? Just a question ?

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

86's had dots and kahlers. 87-0n had sharkies and floyds.

Comment

Gotcha ! Thanks for clearing that up !!

Comment

My Black cherry model 4 that I bought new had a Kahler AND sharkies! Maybe a transistion model?

Comment

I am with Dave in that I love white guitars too. Yours is no exception. Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] You gotta love it when you can score a cool guitar and amp for cheap.
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

there are always a few "oddballs" out there, metal head. I guess at the end of the production year they used whatever parts they had available. That is part of the fun with the model series-there are no definite rules to ID them in some cases.

Comment

Nice. Can I have it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X