Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Fusion .......

Hey Folks,
    I bought myself a (89) Charvel Fusion but I don't know what type it is. It's a Neckthrough body Charvel with toothpaste logo and it has a Jackson Schaller Floyd Rose, Humbucker and a single coil wich is placed in a non normal angle ( you know what I mean) Color Green Metallic,
    So is the Fusion with neck through a Custom, or Deluxe or....something else?
    maybe I can post a photo later.
    And what's it worth? it does has some scratches....

Re: Charvel Fusion .......

Sounds like a 550xl to me. Nice guitars, & not very common. Fusions are bolt-on & have a 24.75" scale. Post some pics if possible! Welcome, btw.

Comment

550xl it is

Comment

Here's a pic of the 550xl from the '89 catalog.

Comment

[IMG]http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/f0/6f/a7_1_b.JPG[IMG]
          Hope this works ( image)

sorry, I can't get the pic work.
          Maybe somebody can make it work by repost or something. The url works anyway.

And it does look like the one on the pic above.
          I have to say that that blue color is very atractive also!!!!!! Wow Mine is a little more dark (metal) like

Comment

sure doesn't

Comment

I like this color. Seen quite a few guitars pop up in metallic green lately.

Comment

Thanks for helping me out. I also own a Model 6 but this one is really cool too.
                Actually I am a little surprised to hear it's not a Fusion. But that's okay [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Are ther any Prospects from it on this site? I would be interessed in the specs

Comment

In '88 they made a model called the Model 5fx, which was basically the same guitar (neckthrough, dot inlays, hum/slanted single config, 25.5" scale). The only major difference was that it had a JT-6 trem instead of the Schaller-made JT-590, & they didn't come in as many cool colors or with matching headstocks. Not sure what pickups were stock in the 550xl. The catalog that I have doesn't say, & I'm coming up empty searching here. Somebody will know.

Comment

The Fusion Deluxe looks similar, so can understand you thinking it was a fusion, but fusions have the shorter scale and are bolt on. If you look at the pic, you can see there is a little more distance between the single and hum due to the longer scale of the 550xl.

Comment

Yeah your right, I can see it now. The thing is that when I bought it I only saw a picture of it and since the color is really dark depending on the light, i couldn't see the meatching headstock. It just looked black to me.
                      Does anyone have a url with a 89 catalog?
                      thx

Comment

There are some nice scans of the '89 catalog *here*, thanks to JACKSONWOLF. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Check out his other pages there. He's got some great guitars.

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen an actual Charvel Deluxe like the one in the catalog: 24 fret maple neck as well as that cool orange color. In fact I don't recall any 24 fret maple charvels from that era, and I don't recall any orange Charvels either. Not saying they didn't exist but I have never seen one and if I did see one I would beg borrow steal possibly kill for one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You mean like mine?...
                            [image][/image]

Comment

yike! That's purty
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X