Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Swan!

Great work man, it turned out stunning.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Looks great, but I'm wondering if the truss rod cover is off centre. Or is it me?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

<font color="aqua"> That's beautiful bro and thanks so much for the kind words!

BTW zeegs, it's not you bro, Rudy, why is that? </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Oh, that is a sweet, sweet color. Very fine! Enjoy playing it!

Comment

Once again thank you all. To answer some questions, Travis, I've always liked the Distortion pickup as well as the Screamin Demon. I noticed the Demon doesn't sound as gound in lighter guitars so went with the Distortion and of course no disappointment there. Zeegler, I used the existing holes for that truss rod cover. In fact there were a couple others under there but those were the only ones it lines up with. I'm thinking that at one point it probably had a Kahler style lock nut. Anyway, I know the truss rod is under there for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Budman, your stuff is top notch so I will gladly endorse it here [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Paint looks good, the one pickup actually enhances it.

Comment

where did you get that paint from that you used?

Comment

You just inspired me to go back to work on my Model 6 project. That is one sweet paint job, what kind of rig did you use to spray it?

Comment

rps14a, the paint I used is from PPG and its in their line of automotive finishes that are called Harlequin. Thats their line of paints that shifts colors and they have several different ones. The color can also be varied depending on whether a white, grey, or black base coat is used under it. Its not cheap though, currently at about $38 per oz. I found it at a local auto body shop. He had some samples painted with various colors from PPG's Harlequin paints and I picked the one I liked, turns out he had some left over from some bike flames he did so thats what we used on my guitar.
                    Noodles, A friend of mine (guitar tech) sanded it and primed it as you see in the first picture I posted. The auto body shop then sealed it, put a grey base coat on and shot it with the PPG Harlequin color I picked. They used a standard body shop compressor/paint gun.

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

damn sweet

Comment

Working...
                      X