The Swan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swan!

This is a Model 2 I picked up on E-Bay last year with the intention of giving it an extreme makeover. I figured I'd post some shots of it as I think it turned out great! Charvel Model series guitars are nice shred machines [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    When I got it from E-Bay it was black with some dark purple on it, missing one tuner cover, lowly Kahler (not the Kahler Pro), some dings and scratches but I thought it had great potential. So the plan was to repaint it in an eye popping color after dowling the original Kahler post area and converting to an original Floyd Rose, ditch the Jackson pickup in favor of a Duncan trem spaced Distortion, one volume, one tone, Sperzel locking tuners, Schaller strap locks. The body was shot at a local auto body paint shop with PPG Harlequin which shifts colors dramatically. The finishing touches were the addition of a pickup ring and truss rod cover from our very own Budman68, which are great pieces! Budman is highly recommended by me [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] His pickup ring is sized to fit the larger Jackson style pickup pocket but takes up the space around the pickup when you add a Duncan, and whats more is that it is 10 times better than other plastic pickup rings since its underside is solid instead of hollow. Anyway, here are some pics during the makeover process as well as the axe all done:

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Re: The Swan!

Damn Rudy that looks sweet [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]. That paint looks awesome and just the one pickup really lets it stand out.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Great looking axe. Love that paint job!!

Comment

Wow!! That turned out excellent! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Thanks, I'm now watching E-Bay for more potential cheap candidates to *remake* [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sweet. Love the paint, the 1H, the Floyd, and the maple fretboard. How is the Floyd/Sperzel combo working out for staying in tune?

Comment

So far so good on the tuning. The Floyd is set up pretty much to dive only, not pull up. Those Sperzel tuners are badass [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] They should be standard on Jacksons without locking nuts I think.
              I know Sperzel makes a low E tuner called a D-Thingy that has a lever on the back. Flip the lever and it drops to D tuning. Like a D-tuna but on the tuner side instead of the tremolo side. Might check out one of those for fun too sometime.

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

that is awesome. Alot of people "makeover" guitars and do it half-butt. In your case I think it was well worth the time and effort. Great job!

Comment

Nice job, that looks great! That has quite a dramatic shift in color from that paint, and it looks nice with the maple board. Very cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Very very nice! love the cpaint [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

sick, Rudy. Fully sick [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Excellent job! It looks great. I have always liked that color.

Comment

Hey, that turned out sweet. Your efforts paid off big time!
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sweet, how's that Distortion sound in there?

Comment

Wonderful job !! The paint is outstanding, and the neck is perfect.
                              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                              X