Surfcaster Standard ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfcaster Standard ????

Okay, after a search on the forum and on the internet I am still left with all kinds of questions. I recently purchased a Charvel Surfcaster Standard. I am in the process of cleaning it up so I will post pictures once I am done. This is what I know. It is a blueish/purple (blurple) color. It has a very nice rosewood fretboard with real MOP dots. On the end of the neck it has SFC STD which I know means surfcaster standard. The neck pocket also has SFC STD and 12-8 which I am assuming is a date. It is loaded three Lip Stick Kent Armstrongs that I believe to be stock. The body is solid without the sound hole/chamber. I cannot find any info on one like this with three pup's. The little bit of info I have found is on the Surfcasters with two lipstick tubes. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Re: Surfcaster Standard ????

Tekky, you got your ears on????

Comment

Charvel Surfcaster Standard
      Intro: 1995
      Disco: 1995

Made in Japan

Pickups:[*]Bridge: Chandler LST Single Coil[*]Middle: Chandler LST Single Coil[*]Neck: Chandler LST Single Coil

Controls:[*]Volume[*]Tone[*]3-way blade switch

Hardware:[*]Bridge: J370 Hard-tail[*]Tuners: Charvel/Jackson Gotoh Die-cast tuners

Woods:
      Body: Basswood
      Neck: Maple
      Fretboard: Rosewood
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks, Bro..... Just what I was looking for.....

Comment

well, maybe tekky can help me with my surfcaster. here are pictures:

what model is this? thanks.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Re: surfcaster -what is this one????

i figured that i should change the RE: so someone would actually look at this!!

***see my question right above this post***
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Re: surfcaster -what is this one????

I'm researching. At this moment i'm not coming up with anything. That means that either A) it's been modified or B) it wasn't in the original MoAIP.

I'm leaning towards B.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                well, maybe tekky can help me with my surfcaster. here are pictures:

what model is this? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that is sweet..
                I think the neck was a lipstick originally. The bridge wasn't a Dimarzio either, but probably was a humbucker.
                The vol pot, does it push-pull for phase?
                the mini toggle looks added as well. What does it do?

Comment

thanks!! yeah, pickups were changed. fast track 1 in the neck, dual sound in the bridge. tone pot pulls to split neck p/u. the mini toggle splits the bridge p/u 3 ways: full double coil, split, parallel. i'm wondering if it was an original 2 lipstick that had another pickguard made or something.
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I thought it may be an HT, but I think that color did not come available until later 90's early '00. I think it is a SC1...but those were usually wraparound tailpiece. That has a pivot trem which the HT have but the pickguard is wrong.

Does that have a roller nut? ahh, the action is looking like it needs a little adjusting on that unless you like it that high. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I still am thinking a '98-00 SC1 or a variant of.

Comment

I think that's an earlier one (93-ish) that's had a few things tricked out. I had one just like that, same color, and with that trem. It was equipped with 2 lipstick pickups. I still have my seafoam green one that has that same trem/setup. There were some h/s versions, but I think those all had that big "C" tailpiece.

Comment

That's what I'm almost thinking. It's got characteristics of two different models.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

actually, that guitar does have high action and it's strung with 12's in standard tuning. but the action isn't as high as it looks in the picture!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the nut was replaced when i got it, but it does have space like there was a roller nut at one time.

so i guess it's safe to say that it's a bastard surfcaster? that's kinda what i always thought, but i was just wondering if it's any early model or a later one.

thanks guys.
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

If it had a roller nut on it, it would stand to reason then the bridge is probably stock as is the pickup combination. I'm changing my stance an saying it is probably a later HT, '96-97 that has been modified. Not sure if you can date these via serial or other means.

Comment

I am pretty sure that trem is original to that guitar. Added hum/sing in a new pickguard, and replaced roller nut. My two cents anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X