dating toothpaste logo CHARVEL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dating toothpaste logo CHARVEL's

do you date the toothpaste logo CHarvels the same as the old logo and what are the run dates on the 750XL's floyded 1989-199? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] thanks---magh8
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: dating toothpaste logo CHARVEL\'s

Occupy JCF

Comment

thanks but are they dated like the older imports like c7xxx meaning 1987 ect?

Comment

nope. I came up with a crude but somewhat accurate way to date the early model series 86-88. But I can't find away to date the toothpaste logo'ed ones. The only thing I can think of is by the finish. Some colors where only used for one or two years. But you have to have access to catalogues and of course some colors where offered during the entire run so some can never be given an exact date.

Comment

ok thanks for the info I may be getting one if it's isn't fuct

Comment

I thought the only production year for the 750XL was '89. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] From Greg Crowe's intro post in "The Official Charvel 750XL Information Thread" :

"As we all know, the Charvel 750XL was made for one 'production' year only, 1989. In 1990, the model was slimmed down and renamed the 'Jackson Professional Archtop Soloist'."

WRT serial numbers:

" The earliest 750XL found so far is my serial number C806131 which was actually built at the end of 1988 and so far the only one the JCF has found with an 88 serial number. I just received 750XL serial number C906332 from fellow JCF'er Bodawgone which is the latest 750XL serial number found by the JCF so far."

The few 750XLs that I've run across have all had a C9xxxxx # like mine, but I've seen one or 2 described on eBay with a C8xxxxx, so I've always figured that Greg's info was spot on and that the numbers are consecutive & do indicate the order in which they were made, with the first digit indicating the year of actual construction.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone who has posted in this thread, just stating what I thought was the case. It wouldn't be the first time I was completely wrong here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess you can just never be sure, especially when it comes to imports.

Comment

dg---so dating only changed fir the 90's model?

Comment

I know very little about the toothpaste Charvels, & compared to TEKKY & mudkicker I know squat about imports, period. But one of the few things I thought I had a handle on was that all 750XL's were from '89 and they were discontinued for '90, when the Jackson Archtop Pro was introduced. I just hope I'm not making things more confusing for you! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I saw your other thread, & one thing I'm 100% sure of is that you should grab that guitar at that price if it's in decent shape. Hope it is. Good luck & post pics when you get it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

NO NOT AT ALL TOUR,NOT MAKING ANYTHING CONFUSSING I JUST MAY BE GETTING ONENEXT WEDNESDAY AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS MUCH AS POSIBLE ABOUT IT.I TO AM MORE FAMILIAR WITH THE OLDER CHARVEL MODELS.IF THEY WERE ONLY MADE FOR THAT YEAR INTO THE NEXT THEN I DON'T NEED THE INFO BUT GOOD TO HAVE JUST THE SAME

Comment

Working...
                  X