Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Strat (pics) what is this worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Strat (pics) what is this worth?

Re: Charvel Strat (pics) what is this worth?

CHS-1, Korean made, under $200
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Is it any good? Worth $160?

Comment

Again man, it's worth whatever you want to pay for it.

I'd say that if you can get it for 160 then go for it. I've got the other model like this (CHS-2) and it's not a bad guitar, but it's not a great guitar either.

It's Korean made, so the quality is not top notch. It looks good, but if you're expecting it to be like the Model 2 (which the eBay auction states it is, which is wrong) or the Model 1A (which is closer to it in features) then you're going to be disappointed.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="aqua">Is it just me or does the bridge look like it's sitting on TOP of the pickguard? It looks a little tilted on the lower "E" string side also. Maybe it's just an illusion.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's probably the angle. My CHS-2 looks like this from an angle.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="aqua">Should be interesting, I asked the seller. Probably just the angle as you said but it really looks like there is no cutout in the guard for the bridge. </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dizzy the last guitar and this are lower priced entry level guitars. Meaning not the greastest build quality, cheap pickups, cheap hardware. If all you want is a guitar to learn on or to do modification experiments they are fine for that. If you looking for a guitar to be your main player and gigged heavily chances are it won't last long.
                These are only my opinions. I'm not trying to tell you what to buy. You have to decide for yourself whats right for you. One simple easy rule you can use if you want to in your search for a Charvel. Only get a Charvel with a pointy headstock.(this includes both of the model series lineups) If you find a clean unmodded one which there are several on the bay now. The MIJ (made in Japan) Charvels with the pointy headstock are some of the best guitars ever made. Very high quality, good hardware. If you get one of these you will not be disappointed. As an added bonus you can usually get your money back out of them if you have to sell it.

Comment

Best to just get a Model series for $50 more, IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Word...
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

This is still better than a Squire im sure would'nt you think? Maybe on par with a Mexican strat?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        This is still better than a Squire im sure would'nt you think? Maybe on par with a Mexican strat?

[/ QUOTE ]

at the very least, yeah...

Comment

Working...
                        X