Charvel charvette guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel charvette guitars

does anyone know what these go for? I saw one used in a pawn shop for 230, I basically want to know if this is a good deal.

Re: Charvel charvette guitars

Run...way too much. About $200 too much.

Comment

They are made of plywood and have cheap hardware. I think they gave Charvel a bad name

Comment

not all of them are bad, Oulaw got one on Ebay with a solid wood body and Jackson JT-6 hardware...but you do have to be careful, most of those are bad...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          not all of them are bad, Oulaw got one on Ebay with a solid wood body and Jackson JT-6 hardware...but you do have to be careful, most of those are bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had one with H-S-S, JT-6 and a poplar body, but most of them are below standard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They had 2 types, crappy and not so crappy. They were supposed to appeal to the younger generation with limited funds so they too could feel cool because they had a Charvel. Hmmmmmmmm. Anyway, I have seen them run anywhere from $75 to $150 in pawn shops and most had serious paint chips, gouges and some had a boat load of stickers and what not. I played a few of the higher end ones and they are okay, but nothing to get in a twist over. Play it and then play a real Charvel import or Jackson and you will see.

Comment

They did some with a Floyd copy too. Which was a little better than the JT-6.

Comment

Hey, off topic, but why's Tyrant121 still a junior member with 118 posts? Has the post limit been raised again?

On topic, the models with basswood bodies, JT-6 trems and Charvel pickups and tuners would basically be very similar to Model Series bolt-ons, albeit made in Korea not Japan. Other than that though, wouldn't want a plywood Charvette. If I had a solid wood one I'd be tempted to refin it natural or trans red so I could "prove" it wasn't plywood to the skeptics.

A solid wood one would be worth about $100 in good shape, the plywood ones I just wouldn't want at all. Some JCFers own them and like them though, for sentimental reasons.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had a light blue one with the more-Floyd-like trem that was solid wood. Looked like basswood.

Comment

yeah, i figured it was way overpriced, that's the same pawn shop that offered me 150 bucks for my avt100

Comment

Pawn shops aren't the way to go if you're looking for a great deal, but you'll get one occasionally who doesn't know what they have, I bought a Fernandes Vertigo guitar from a pawn shop about 2 or 3 months ago for $75, and they had the exact same model about 6 guitars down the wall for $450, so i took the cheaper model and sold it on Ebay for $150...pawn shops are a gamble if you don't know what to look for, but when you do, and they don't, you are on the winning end...I also just got a Zoomplayer 2100 that sounds awesome through my Marshall Lead 15 Micro-Stack for only $35, plus an MXR KFK 10-band EQ pedal for only $50 (retail $170), not a scratch on 'em, either...all through pawn shops, i spent saturday the 8th just doing that: combing pawn shops for deals...and when you hit enough of them, you'll find the deals...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        On topic, the models with basswood bodies, JT-6 trems and Charvel pickups and tuners would basically be very similar to Model Series bolt-ons, albeit made in Korea not Japan. Other than that though, wouldn't want a plywood Charvette. If I had a solid wood one I'd be tempted to refin it natural or trans red so I could "prove" it wasn't plywood to the skeptics.

A solid wood one would be worth about $100 in good shape, the plywood ones I just wouldn't want at all. Some JCFers own them and like them though, for sentimental reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine has the JT-6 trem, Charvel pickups and tuners and judging from the 12th fret dots, it appears to be a Japanese made axe. I can't tell if it's solid wood or plywood but I'm going to find out as soon as it dries up outside. It sure feels heavier and sounds better then my plywood Hondo RR but I can't say for sure that it's solid wood or not.

Comment

Working...
                        X