Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just scored a great Model 6 for $330! Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just scored a great Model 6 for $330! Deal?

The easiest thing to do as far as the trem arm goes is to convert it to a collared Floyd arm. Stewmac, Allparts & many music stores carry the arm & socket for less than $15. You remove the JT-6 arm socket, file or scrape the theads slightly to enlarge the hole in the baseplate, then install the new socket. Very easy & you end up with an arm with no slop. Here's a thread in the tech section where they showed a clueless noob [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] how to do it: link

I ended up using Metalcop's method & it came out perfect. The baseplate metal is very soft & easy to work with.

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Sounds like a great deal to me.
        BOP, why are you thinking of putting the JT-6 back? (Just curious).

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the weight of it, and the fine tuners being on the back of the trem instead of the top, plus, it's black, and all the stock hardware is black, while my OFR is chrome, functional? yes...aesthetically? no...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Sounds like a great deal to me.
          BOP, why are you thinking of putting the JT-6 back? (Just curious).

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the weight of it, and the fine tuners being on the back of the trem instead of the top, plus, it's black, and all the stock hardware is black, while my OFR is chrome, functional? yes...aesthetically? no...

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you have a black FR you wanna trade?????????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X