Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for model 4

Hey there!
    I just bought this baby Charvel 4 and from what I hear, it's a great guitar but the pickups aren't amazing.
    I play mostly classic rock, metal, hard rock, Punk and Ska. I realise I probably won't be able to play all these genres well with this guitar, but I want to give it a try.
    So far, for the bridge I have the choice between a SD JB (which I know and I love) and a DiMarzio Tone Pro (Only heard one, and not to its full capacity). For the middle, either a SD hotrails, a JB junior (if i get the tone pro), an SD quarter pounder or a DiMarzio Blue Velvet. For the neck, a Staggered vintage flat, or a blue velvet (if I don't get it for the middle)
    I really like clean tones and I tend to prefer more bassy, '59 type tones. I also want a single coil (not hotrails or minibucker) in this position...
    About the middle I'm not sure yet whether to get a distorsion oriented pickup or a clean one...

Well I hope some people here will be able to help me, thanks a lot!

Re: Pickups for model 4

I love the pickups with the mid-boost in my model 4. I find them really quite hot, but thats just me. You cant go wrong with what your looking at either

Comment

Make sure you try that guitar with a fresh battery. The factory pickups are actually very good but they sound like crap with a dead battery.

Comment

Oh I wouldn't have thought of that, thanks... In my head the pickups are still passive but I forgot the electronics being active. Cheers!

Comment

I just got this bad boy!!!!! Woaaa I am so happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's very comfortable and plays very nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X