Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me ID this Charvette (PICS included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me ID this Charvette (PICS included)

Hello there,

First of all I shall introduce myself (very) briefly:
    I´m Diedo and I´m from the Netherlands. I signed up here because I wanted some info about a Charvette guitar. I own an Ibanez RG570 and a Marshall 5210 with a POD2.0.

Here is my question:
    Can anyone identify this Charvette?
    I´d like to know what type Charvette this is and wether it is made of plywood or not.
    I also like to know something about the bridge (any info at all is welcome offcourse!)

The serial number is 0020356.
    I can buy this guitar from someone else, so I´d like to know some more about it (I´m not going to spend more than 100,- euro at it. It´s just an extra guitar)

Here are some pics, hope you can tell me anything!

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Diedo/Poto0011.jpg
    [/image]

Re: Can you help me ID this Charvette (PICS included)

Do not buy it. That bridge is utter crap. The body is most likely plywood.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hi Diedo!

I would let that one go too. . . what you want is a CHARVEL, not a Charvette. The charvettes were Charvel's bottom shelf line years ago, and they are very cheap, and the body could very well be plywood.

Keep the money, save up another $100 so that you have $200, and from there, you can get yourself a nice Model 1,2,3, or 4.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Keep the money, save up another $100 so that you have $200, and from there, you can get yourself a nice Model 1,2,3, or 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word !!
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Ah thanks!
          I liked the finish very much, and I knew already that chervettes weren´t that good quality, but if the price was quite low (about 70 euro´s) I would have bought just for fun. maybe just to look at it on the wall [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yesterday evening (it´s 9.30AM right now over here) I heard the present owner asked 150 Euro for the guitar. no way! I even don´t start negotiating for that price.

maybe I come some other nice, but cheap, guitar across.

Thanks a lot!

Diedo

Comment

Its not hard to find charvels with snazzy finishes, just look around ebay.

Comment

Well, being from the Netherlands you should look both at the British and the German eBay www.ebay.co.uk and www.ebay.de . Shipping will be way cheaper and usually prices aren't much higher for Charvels.

Comment

Well I lived in Holland for a while and guitars aren't overly expensive there, but it's still MUCH more than in the US. Here in the UK we pay in pounds what in the US we'd pay in dollars.
                Also, I paid 250 pounds for my model 4 and in Europe everyone said it was a good deal. I would have to have put about 400 pounds for a model 6 in good state.

Comment

Working...
                X