Charvel owners let me be heard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel owners let me be heard!

For I today got a model 4. I don't know what year it's from... It's go the JT6 bridge, not the Kahler, and the serial number is 290956 and it has sharktooth inlays, the color is metallic blue. The neck has got to be the most comfortable I ever played in my beginning career of guitarist ( a month [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ). Not too thick, not too thin, GREAT shape. And those Jackson pickups aren't too bad either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So yeah, any help/comment would be welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also, I don't like the bridge, would a Schaller FR pro fit perfectly instead of the JT6?
    Thanks a bunch to anyone who'd help me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel owners let me be heard!

I think '88 was the only year for sharkies on a Model 4. The Schaller should drop right in, just make sure it has the long block (42mm), since it's non-recessed. I have not run into this problem myself, but a few people have had the problem of the arm socket of the replacement trem rubbing or keeping the trem from fitting in the route for the JT-6. Floyd & Schaller have slightly wider string spacing (2 1/8") than the JT-6 (2"), so the arm socket is just a hair wider from center. If it doesn't quite fit in your case, you can fix the problem by widening the route slightly.

Comment

I hear ya. I had an 87 (I believe) that had sharkies on it.

Comment

I think I might be wrong about it only having the sharkies in '88. It's confusing, because the '88 catalog scans at Jacksonmuseum list a Model 4 with dots & a 4A with sharkies, but no Model 4M. The '88 pricelist refers to a Model 4 with sharkies, no mention of a 4A, and it shows the 4M. The model series catalog scan that I have on my hard drive doesn't match either, so I'm guessing that it's from the '87 catalog. It shows a Model 4 with sharkies. I'm now more confused than before, and I just want to be sure not to pass on bad info.

Comment

my first charvel was a model 4-'86 with a kahler and dots. It is a great guitar and I'm sure you will be quite pleased with it for years to come. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!!!! And good luck learning to play!!! Have fun above all else!

Comment

87 and 88 had the JT-6 and sharkies.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
              X