Charvel unknown model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel unknown model

Hi all, I´m new to this group and I´m glad to be here. I recently traded an Ibanex EX Series for a Charvel guitar. The thing is that I´m unable to get info about the model, mfg year, origin, woods, etc. The guitar is almost identical to this one http://www.eastonguitars.com/WWW/PGS...SD/UM2DMR.html but a few details are diferent: no bolt-on neck: an awesome neck thru, so the neck back is the same color as the body and 24 frets.
    All Jackson hardware (tuning keys and licensed floyd rose), Jackson humbucker and volume knob. Metalized red finish. White Charvel logo. Serial Number is C802778 and is carved in the rosewood underneath the last fret.
    Can anyone help me identifying this guitar since it´s such a beautyful and good sounding instument? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Javier.

PD: I could send a few pics if needed....

Re: Charvel unknown model

Charvel Model 5A

Made in Japan in 1988

Pickup: J95 Jackson USA Humbucker
    Control: 500K Volume pot
    Tremolo: Jackson JT6
    Body Wood: Poplar
    Neck Wood: Maple
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Sheesa man! I was looking for a piece of info about a couple of days on the Internet and nothing. How did you do that?
      Thanks a lot Tekky, is that a good guitar? I have noticed that the guitar sounded very good, even with the rusty strings that came with. That must be due the USA humbucker I think...

Thank you very much!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, that's a very good guitar, it's just like a model 6 without all the extra electronics in it...

Comment

Guys, you were very useful and quick!!!!!
          Thanks a lot!!! (I mean it) [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Now I know what I have.

Best regards,
          Javier.

Comment

but you still have to post pics! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Sheesa man! I was looking for a piece of info about a couple of days on the Internet and nothing. How did you do that?
              Thanks a lot Tekky, is that a good guitar? I have noticed that the guitar sounded very good, even with the rusty strings that came with. That must be due the USA humbucker I think...

Thank you very much!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been working (for far too long and with too many interruptions) on a database of all Jackson/Charvel production models. One was already created but in a very bulky HTML format. I'm streamlining the process. I have access to the old version and I have a quick database I can search. (and after answering these questions for a while it starts to become second nature)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks guys, I promise I will post pics here. I just need to get a digi cam.
                Last night I was "dismembering" my Charvel for cleaning and oiling (the guitar was collecting dust and oxide, boxed in a storage room at the guitar store) so I think I could reassamble it in a couple of days (if I could get the time).
                Is there a way to fit the humbucker? I think that the last owner removed and reinstalled it upside down (the Jackson logo is upside down).
                I´m also thinkin´ about installing a push/pull pot so I could set the humbucker as a single, just to have an alternative sound, but I don´t know.
                Man, I love guitars and I own I few, mostly Fenders (Yap, I think I´m a Fender guy...) even though I grew up listening a lot of heavy metal and glam rock. I think I´m just getting old and just want to play the blues baby!!
                Oh, I will post some pics of my "ex" (ex cause I traded it for this Charvel) custom Ibanez EX350, cool painting job!!!
                Thanks a lot fellas´.

Regards,
                Javier.

Comment

Hey guys, How could I attach some pics on this thread?
                  Thanks!!

Comment

use this [image]url of picture [/image]

make sure your ISP will allow this. My hotmail account will not allow me to have direct links.

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com
                    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

www.photobucket.com

will let you set up a free page to host your pics on, I got an account, its free and extremely easy to use and browse.

Comment

people sometimes install those Jackson pups upsidedown..prefering the tone of it reversed.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#370213
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, finally a I´m posting the Ibanez pics. Any type of comments and critics are welcome!!! Anyway is not my guitar anymore!!!
                            Sorry, these are no quality pics, but you can see the paint job with some detail...

I owe you the Charvel pics cos´ I didn´t get a digicam yet....
                            Thank´s all you people, you were very helpful!

Comment

I thought an Ibanez EX was their bottom of the line Ibanez? If that's what yours is then you did an amazing swap especially if no cash was given to him.

Is the finish paint or stain? It almost looks like the red checkers were just stained onto bare wood. Pretty cool idea, but seems like it would be a waste to go that far for a cheap ax. The EmG's were a nice touch though.

Comment

Working...
                              X