So What'd I Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What'd I Score?

Just won this today. I think i went a little high on the price, but i HAD to have it. The seafoam with the the 24 fret maple neck. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It's so damn clean i can't stand it. Even has some of the case candy.
    So what the hell is it.
    Seafoam Charvel
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Re: So What\'d I Score?

I believe that is a Fusion Deluxe. I'll see if I can put up a catalog pic for you. Congrats, btw! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I really want to get something with a maple neck soon.

Comment

I saw that guitar. Very freakin' cool

Comment

I too saw that one and actually bookmarked that auction. Nice color as well as pickup upgrade too.

That will no doubt be a great keeper.

My congratulations!

Comment

This is from the '89 catalog. I think that color was called turqoise. It does seem a little more green & closer to seafoam than what I always thought turqoise looked like.

Comment

I thought it might be a Fusion, but my limited knowledge prevented me from taking an uneducated guess. Isn't it wicked? I can't wait to get her and string this bitch up. I asked the seller about the color and if the pics represented it well and he said that some people say turquoise and others say seafom. To me it's seafoam. Always wanted one. "GIT ER DUHN"

Comment

That's my favorite model of Fusion. If I wasn't so into string-thrus right now, I would have picked one up a while back, myself. Nice score.

Comment

omg that guitar is awesome!!!! maple board and Sea Foam green color!!
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Nice - but get a Budman pickup ring so that huge gape between the pickup and the ring doesn't show.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

I'll get over it...
                    If it bugs me that much, I have some oldies that i can swap out.

Comment

So you're the one who outbid me!!! RAT!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm such a sucker for maple boards, and seafoam green was the color of the first guitar I ever bought myself... Congrats man!! I'm jealous!!!
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Someone retracted their bid with like 30 seconds left. I had walked away, but then checked to see what it went for and it said YOU WON !!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Was that you?
                        I know i went a little higher than i wanted to but i had to have it. If i ever sell it, you get first dibs.

Comment

Killer score. I have a fusion special, which was the "budget" fusion, and after some tweaking, it is a killer guitar. The body is a "dinky"-7/8 of regualar strat size-they feel kind of tiny unless you are used tot he smaller body, but the necks are sweet. I think you will definitely like it. Mine also has a JB in the bridge (required some slight modification) and it souds very good. I also have a lil 59 in the neck slot which gives great classic rock tones. Congrats! As for the price, if it is really in mint condition, I think you did OK. The Schaller trem and the JB are worth around 200 and change together(when new), so make your own decision.

Comment

Thanks Et, good info !!
                            I'm psyched about it either way. I only have Model Series imports, so this is something totally different.

Comment

Excellent score! That's the guitar I wanted only in stock form (J90C & J200R) and Fluorescent Orange. Don't worry about the price, it's a keeper!

Comment

Working...
                              X