charvel 750XL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel 750XL?

does anybody know what kind of a case came with the 750's. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] the typical chainsaw case wont close and the older tweed cases close but put to much pressure on the guitar thanks---Mark
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: charvel 750XL?

My two have an SKB type case. Note: a true SKB case will not fit. I've got one of those for my 650xl.

Comment

Mine came with a black Charvel chainsaw case (toothpaste logo) which I assume was original. It is about 1/2" thicker than the chainsaw case for my Model 6 (to fit the thicker body of the 750) and not nearly as tight-fitting around the edges of the guitar. There is enough play that I think it might even fit a full-size strat body. If I ever ship it (not likely) I'd definitely add padding around the body & headstock to tighten up the fit.

Comment

dg is right. Charvel made an archtop case for these. As was mentioned, it was slightly bigger and deeper to accomodate the 750.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

When I got my 750 it had a silver Charvel chainsaw case.
          It seems to have been slightly enlarged in the padding in the top however to fit better. Could explain why the clasp is broken at the body from too much stress. Altho i do have a G&G type case for it that it seems to fit better in.
          Gil

Comment

thanks for the info,the guitar fits perfect in a hamer case.I was going to grab that guitar but decided I didn't need another.so I told my old guitarplayer about it and he snagged it the store gave him a new logo chainsaw case(didn't fit broken latch)and we tried my tweed model 6 case(fit but he wasn't getting that one),my old logo case(nope busted latch)he really wanted to get a new case for it so we put a mercury racing sticker over the hamer logo and he was happy.thanks for the help on this
            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Mine is in a silver chainsaw which seems to fit it perfect. It has more room than a std chainsaw. Before that.. I kept it in a Charvel tweed just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X