Model 3 Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 Neck

Oh mighty and wise Jackson/Charvel masters...

I have a Mdl 3 (bought her new back in the good ole days, 87-88) but here is my problem:

This girl has seen better days, been across the Atlantic, thru the Mediterrainian, the Red Sea and Persian Gulf with me during the first Gulf War while I was in the Navy.

Then 10 yrs ago while my son was learning to walk -- pulled her off the stand and onto the floor -- snapping the corner of the headstock off of the first (low E) tuning machine. Well, I crammed the piece back on and glued it into place and it ain't pretty, but hasn't moved in ten years.

What would I be looking at for getting a replacement neck to bolt right on and look and feel like brand new? I have some fret wear now and am interested in keeping her true to her roots while bringing her back to life.

Any and all help appreciated...

D>

Re: Model 3 Neck

eBay has many model series necks available. All of those necks were interchangable. Whether it's from an 86 Model 4, a Model 3, or a Model 2, any one should be just fine.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks -- any idea what $$ range I should expect to be in when purchasing?

D>

Comment

I've seen them go for between $25 and $125. It just depends on what you're willing to spend and how much patience you have.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

there are at least 4 or 5 necks on the bay right now. Tekkys price range is about right. But, unless there is a tone of fret wear or the neck is warped, I would stick witht he original. That is actually a common break on those encks, probably second only to the headstock tip. If it hasn't moved in ten years, it probably won't move in the next ten!

Comment

My wife tells me to leave it be as well -- says it's got sentimental value that way.

Thanks for your info Tekky, but maybe I'll just get the frets dressed up and smile everytime I look at the crack... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

D>

Comment

Working...
            X