Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3A's

Hello.

This Charvel caught my eye last week, i watched it till the end, bidded and tried to win it, but somebody sniped better than me, but neither of us got past the reserve.
    1986 Charvel Model 3A

Its been re-listed, and I would like to gather some opinions on it. I have a 1A and love it, I would like something with a good tremolo. How are the Kahler Traditional tremolos? (like this one has)

Thanks guys.

Re: Model 3A\'s

Love the colour!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Actually, it was me that 'sniped' you... if by sniped you mean put a higher bid in than you 3 days before the auction ended then... yah... I 'sniped' you.

My high bid for that guitar was 186.50. I always liked Kahler's but I'm no expert. I used to have that very guitar, and really liked it. I would have probably bid more... but I've purchased so many Japan Charvels this month that I didn't want to be accused of hording. You won't get any competition from me this time ;-) good luck.

Comment

whoa, you did do it 3 days before.

Im really confused now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Does it let you bid lower than the highest bid? for some reason my ebay told me that Gy2111's bid of 175 was the most current bid. I bidded 7 seconds before the auction ended, and then it said I had been outbid (by you, 3 days earlier, no hard feelings [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )so I thought I had gotten sniped. For some reason, I never noticed a reserve on it either. Must have been the heat of the moment, it was the first time I ever tried to win anything off ebay, I was really excited [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So you actually owned that EXACT guitar? If you want it, I wont call you a horder. If you do, then just say so, Im considering the BIN.

anyways, back on subject. Is that tremolo any good? I dont see them on many guitars, thats the only thing that concerns me. Was there anything odd about the tremolo that made it unpopular?

Comment

FYI, the guitar in the auction is a regular Model 3 from 1986. The 3A had two humbuckers.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

ah, ok.

I thought that the A denoted a pickguard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Is that tremolo any good? I dont see them on many guitars, thats the only thing that concerns me. Was there anything odd about the tremolo that made it unpopular?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a Kahler fulcrum tremolo, which was later phased out and replaced with the JT-6 Floyd. I can't comment on the trem as I never played one of them, but I've heard they're decent. Parts for it are probably harder to come by than the more popular Kahler Pro. And the trem post spacing is rather unique with that trem so it'll be difficult to swap it out for anything different (like a Floyd).
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ah, ok.

I thought that the A denoted a pickguard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. In 86 both the Model 3 and Model 3A had pickguards.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I have an 86 Model 3A and I love it. The Kahler Fulcrum is a good trem. Easier to restring than a Floyd, but parts for it are not easy to come by.

Comment

Tekky ... whoa... thank you. I was trying to figure out what year mine was. I thought it was a Mod 3 (not 3A). Awesome. Nonamemex... go for it man. I think the BIN is a little high though (just my opinion).

Comment

Yeah, i didnt take into account the $40 shipping.

So it would be $340 with shipping. Ill ask him If I do the BIN if he would cover the shipping charges. That makes it pretty reasonable.

$200 for the Model 3A (with ALL parts, amazing...)
                      then I recon about $60 ish for the Chainsaw case (something Ive been wanting and needing, I only have 1 case right now, a universal Mars Music case, I need something better or I will get a snapped headstock soon.

and then about $40 shipping. I think its a pretty square deal. It even has a Custom Custom in it, so I wont have to install any new pickups (for once) Im going to sit and think about it for a while, if anyone else has a comment, please, throw it in.

This thing has a Swimming Pool Route, doesnt it? Doesnt really bother me, so does my model 1A and it doesnt bother me.

Comment

Yeah, that's a Model 3...... I have a 1986 Model 3A.... Very nice guitar. I swapped out the J-80's for a set of EMG's (85b-60n) Sounds great. The Kahler trem is nice, too. IMO they are great guitars. I am the original owner of mine and have had 0 problems with it in 19 years...... WOW... I didn't realize I'd had it that long.

Comment

I bought it. He said he would go halfway on shipping, so in a weak moment, I bought it. $320 total.

Comment

Working...
                          X