Trying To Identify CHarvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying To Identify CHarvel

Hi All - Just found a perfect virtually unplayed Cherry Sunburst/Black Hrdw. Dinky style w/ 1 H &amp; 2 S, 24 fret bolt-on/sharkfins, neck &amp; head binding, large"Jackson style" script logo, Jackson trem,tuners. S/N :367983. It had all the tags and trem bar in a grey chainsaw case. Walked into a local pawn store to pay on a loan and there she was. Surprised when they said it had been there for a few months. Clean as U can get. 3 bills out the door. Was it a good find? Thanks much - Will post pics soon <font color="blue"> </font>

Re: Trying To Identify CHarvel

It's either a 375DLX or a 475DLX, but the 475DLX was the only one offered with the Cherry Sunburst finish.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Does it have 3 knobs and a battery in the control cavity? Sound like a 475Deluxe to me and $300 out the door in that condition is pretty decent to!

Comment

The only thing that's a bit confusing is that he said it had 24 frets.

Comment

Ah... I missed that...

So that would point towards Fusion. However no Charvel Fusions that I'm aware of match that description.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Sorry guys - I just found a pic I took of it and it does have 3 knobs and only 22 frets - YEAH- I prefer 22 frets! I,ve only played it once amplified - at the pawn shop.I noticed that the singles were extremly quiet and that they sounded very full-even toned,unlike a standard single. There was no battery hatch but there could be one in the control cavity as Mountain Dog suggests. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] If I could figure out how to add pics I would - I know it can't be hard- HOW DO U ADD ATTACHMENTS?

Comment

Look in the Non Jackson/Charvel section. There's a thread from Number of the Priest all about pictures.

What you have then IS a 475DLX. There will be a battery in the control compartment.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Yep - it must be the 475 DLX - thanks a bunch guys! I seen one on the Bay awhile ago and it was just like mine,except it had the sunburst front &amp; back and on mine it is totally red on the back and the top is mildly flamed maple. I imagined that one day I would eventually open the control cavity and find out it is active circuitry and probaly would have had a coronary. I,ve never sought out an active cicuit guitar - But who knows now - I was very impressed with the tone- especially the singles- I'm used to the more classic "bell like tone" - not a full, midrangey, quiet tone that these produce. I,m very happy now!

Comment

Thanks TEKKY for the heads up about posting pics - and thanks to NOTP for the great tutorial. Well here is a couple of LO-FI pics from a cell phone camera. IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/demondog6969/Charvel475DLX-Head.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

OK - lets try this one more time!

Comment

Thats Gorgious. Great find.

Comment

Wow, your cameraphone is ALOT better than mine! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Until now, I always wondered why people need a camera in a phone. I guess it can be pretty useful.

I feel sorry for the poor guy who had to pawn it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW i think those 475DLX are one of my favorites with the white maple board one-hum model guitars.

Comment

Sweet score bro!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X