Model 5 - finally fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 - finally fixed!

Oops, I originally posted this in the import Jackson forum.

Oh well, here it goes again...

I finally got my Model 5 Charvel/Jackson fixed. Dave at fretsonthenet.com was a huge help! I'm sure some of you know him. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I bought this guitar used in 1991 for $260. I'm pretty sure it is a 1986 Model 5. It has the dual humbuckers and a Kahler tremolo. My only complaint has been the fragile string hooks on the trem. It looks black in this awful picture, but it's a strange purple/bronze-ish color (depending upon the lighting). I'm so happy to have it back!

Re: Model 5 - finally fixed!

Just curious if anybody knows what color it is? They came in black, red, pearl white, cobalt blue and black cherry. If I had to guess, I'd say black cherry.

Comment

Congrats. They're great guitars. I have a red '86 that I bought new. They're built like tanks.

Comment

That's most likely the black cherry finish. I've noticed a bit of variety in Model guitars with the black cherry finish--some are almost purple, while others seem closer to "root beer" color. I prefer the ones that look closer to purple, myself.

Glad you got the guitar fixed. I've had a couple of '86 Model 5's with the Kahler over the years. I'm not big on the Kahler anymore, but if you like them, then you've basically got a Soloist for a fraction of the price.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Looks great Jeff, glad I could help you out. By the way, mine is the same exact color! Congrats- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
          X