Model 5s with Kahlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5s with Kahlers

I think I asked this before but I'm too lazy to do a search. Was the model 5 the only 5 Model series Charvel with the Kahler? What I mean is, the 5A was only available with the JT-6 right? And the 550xl was only with the Schaller, there was no Kahler counterpart with a H/S set up.

Re: Model 5s with Kahlers

Yeah, I think the only Model series with a Kahler flatmount were the 2-hum Charvel 5's and the early Model 6's. There might have been a handful of early Model 2's with it as well.

Oh, and this is not including Budman's Model 6A!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That's what started my idea. I'm thinking a model 5 with a fixed Kahler, how's that for a cost effective shred machine for the Floyd impaired?

Comment

In 1986 the Model 4, Model 5, and Model 6 had the Kahler Flatmounts. The others had the Kahler fulcrum tremolo. (except for the Model 1 and Model 7)
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks, Tekky, but I believe I asked for the "5" series Model guitars. Geez, man. Don't tell me you didn't even read the whole post. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok I won't. How come you didn't correct MetalMedal II, he gave info on other guitars.

Sorry man just trying to help with info... Maybe I should just stop.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

You're right, Todd and I'm wrong. I'm sorry.

MetalMedal II, you dumb bastard. I said model 5, 5A, 550xl etc. I'm not asking about any model 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 6s, or Budman's 6A.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You're right, Todd and I'm wrong. I'm sorry.

MetalMedal II, you dumb bastard. I said model 5, 5A, 550xl etc. I'm not asking about any model 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 6s, or Budman's 6A.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey, I never said I was smart!... kinda dumb that I forgot to mention the Mod 4 with a Kahler since I freakin have one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, if you're looking to have a Kahler that's fixed, but don't want to get the 3310 or whatever the fixed version is called, there are ways to stabilize the trem. ...but because you're name calling I won't share! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                X