Model series necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model series necks

The neck on my model 4 is seriously the most comfortable I have ever played. Not flat like a wizard and almost as thin as one. It's not good for me as I'm just starting and I'll find many guitars weird but I love it. Did all model series have the same neck profile? Also does anyone have the exact specs for it? (mostly thickness at 12th)

Re: Model series necks

From my experience, the bolt-on Model series guitars all have basically the same neck profile. I've had a Model 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 at one time or another.

I think the 3DR and the Model 7 might have had a thinner more wizard type neck profile. I'm sure someone here can comment.

The next series after the model series, the "Contemporary Series" all had much thinner profiles and I believe a satin finish.

Comment

That is interesting. I thought most of the neck-thru models where thicker than the bolt-ons? Hmmmm.... Duh!! Sorry,I just reread your last post! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

My 1A neck feels thicker than my 4. But they were from different years.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

My early Model series guitars(guitar shaped logo) are almost identical to each other (86 Model 3A, 88 Model 1C, 88 Model 4). However my 89 Model 375's neck is thinner than my other Model series Charvels.

Comment

+1 for that
            my 275 and avenger necks are thinner than the ones on model 1 ,5a and 6

Comment

The Maple necked Model series necks I have played were a bit chunkier than the Rosewood ones it seems. I don't know if this is the way it was, or if it was just production tolerences. I like chunkier...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                +1 for that
                my 275 and avenger necks are thinner than the ones on model 1 ,5a and 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinner... *drooooool*
                Thinner than my 4. Must just be the fingerboard then?

Comment

I've been meaning to ask about this. I have a '86 mod6 and my friend has an '88. The neck on his is much chunkier than mine. Any info on neck specs for various years would be appreciated!
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Is it me or are the model series neck wider? I feel my model 4's neck is quite wide...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I've been meaning to ask about this. I have a '86 mod6 and my friend has an '88. The neck on his is much chunkier than mine. Any info on neck specs for various years would be appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">That is absolutely correct in my case as well. I have an 86 Model 6 (actually it's a Model 6a now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and an 88. The 86 is waaaay thinner in the back of the neck. </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I believe there were two different profiles for the neck-thru series. One is thinner with more of a flat spot in the middle of the neck (not too thin, though) like on my old '87 Model 6 and Model 5A. I heard the same guitars also had rounder and thicker profiles, too.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X