Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Identifying my Jackson Charvel please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying my Jackson Charvel please?

I bought a Charvel by Jackson Charvel today.. maybe a Model 6? It's med/dark blue, NICE finish, natural neck, bolt on, 3 pups - 2 single or stacked, 1 SELECT designed by EMG HB at the bridge, Licensed by Floyd Rose Trem... serial #289647 on a very sweet neck plate Fort Worth TX. Can anyone help me date and confirm details on what I have here? Anything special? It plays like a total dream. Incredible lightening fast action and the pickups I believe are active and sound amazing! WOW what sustain! Feel free to email me at [email protected] or even give a call at 203.375.3306 anytime! Thanks, all the best! Mike Kramer

Re: Help Identifying my Jackson Charvel please?

The Fort Worth, Texas plate means it's a Japanese import. Texas was where Jackson's headquarters used to be. Your guitar is not a Model 6... they were neck-thru. Does your guitar have 22 or 24 frets? Also, Jackson never made active pickups; they're all passive, and some do use active electronics (midboost, wah filter or gain boost) that will work with any passive pickups. The EMG Select is also not original on your guitar.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why do you want us to call you? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's a 22 fret, in the back cover there is a 9v maybe added for the EMG I imagine? 3 knobs, 3 on/off switches... I believe the 1st knob is volume and tone for the other two, but I may be off there. Still learning it. What's this model called then? Or is there a NAME for it? Thanks! Michael.

Comment

Well you don't have to? But I would love the girls hanging off you to call me anytime! ahahaaa Thanks! MJK

Comment

It would be a Model 4, close to a model 6, but with a bolt-on neck. The guitar has been modified. They did not come with EMG Select pickups.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Thank you Tekky, and everyone else so far.. I love knowing all I can about my new aquisitions. I've actually never owned a Jackson Charvel before. Is this a good purchase for the $250 I paid today? How do I go about getting a trem arm for it please? Thanks! MJK

Comment

Try Stewart MacDonald

http://www.stew-mac.com
                Occupy JCF

Comment

That's a good price. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I assume it's got the Jackson JT6 trem on it with the receptacle for a pop-in arm? Any typical Ibanez bar will pop right in. Or you could always retrofit a collared Floyd-type arm assembly if you don't like the pop-in bar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    there is a 9v maybe added for the EMG I imagine?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    No, the Select pickup is passive and doesn't need a battery like regular EMG active pickups do.

Comment

Hmmmm? I wonder why there's a 9volt in the back then?

Comment

The model 4 has a mid boost/cut circuit that requires a 9v battery.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Oh alright! Cool then! That must be what it is. Does a knob act as an on/off or a toggle or something? Push Pulls? Thanks! MJK

Comment

It's missing the back plate cover too.. over the springs.. I'd like to get one of those too, just so it's all "in tact" and it came in a nice silver hard shell case, but one latch was broken. I'm very happy to hear that $250 was a good price. I felt it was because the guitar plays and sounds SO GOOD. Thanks! MJK

Comment

It should be volume, tone, mid boost like on the old Model 6 I used to have. From what I remember, it's not really an on/off thing (and you always need a battery to have a signal), it's just fully clockwise gives you more midrange, fully counterclockwise gives you less.

Comment

Working...
                              X