Model 3a neck pocket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3a neck pocket question

Will a model 3a neck pocket fit a standard mexican strat neck? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Model 3a neck pocket question

The 3A's neck base is 2 1/4"s. As long as the strat neck is the same there should be no problem. Jim Shine is our resident Fender guy he would know the specs of the strat neck.

Comment

Standard Fender neck heels are 2 3/16". That's a bit narrower than the Jackson/Charvel 2 1/4" heel. You'd have either widen the neck pocket or shave down the heel.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Standard Fender neck heels are 2 3/16". That's a bit narrower than the Jackson/Charvel 2 1/4" heel. You'd have either widen the neck pocket or shave down the heel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you mean that the fender neck would not be snug? Or did you get the numbers backwards? I want to put the fender neck in the charvel body.

Comment

<font color="aqua">yes, I'm sure he just made a mistake on the second part of his explanation. The fender neck will be loose in the Charvel pocket. </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah, I missed your question. I thought you wanted to put a Charvel neck on a Fender body... which I have done with much cracking.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              <font color="aqua">yes, I'm sure he just made a mistake on the second part of his explanation. The fender neck will be loose in the Charvel pocket. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why its such a big deal to get a strathead charvel neck? Or are the charvel neck specs better than anything that fender ever offered.

Comment

The strathead neck won't fit a Model series body either. The big deal is that there are a limited number of stratheads. Plus after you have played one, it is hard to play anything else. Call it mojo, 20 plus years of wear and aging what ever it is they truely are majical necks.

Comment

Working...
                X