Model 6 Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 Alert!

If any of you guys live in the Washington D.C., area, I just spotted a pretty decent Model 6 while I was visiting. The store is called The Guitar Shop, and it's right near the DuPont Circle metro station. It had some serious dust on it, plus those shitty old slotted locking nuts...but somebody could give this guitar some lovin' and get it in good shape. It's black, if that matters. They didn't have a price marked on it, but I'd bet a good wheeler-dealer could make a killing.

Re: Model 6 Alert!

yaa, no wonder its dusty they want 700.00 for it. It has a Jt-6.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      yaa, no wonder its dusty they want 700.00 for it. It has a Jt-6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I told the owner I was looking for something like that a few months ago, and he seemed willing to swing a great deal. If I hadn't just bought a house...I'd have done some arm-twisting.

Comment

My understanding is that it had been there for a great deal of time and that the owner is who you want to deal with.

Comment

Is there something I should be knowing about a JT6? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Just that they aren't made from the most quality of metals, knife edges done last so long.

Comment

JT-6s are great trems give them a good cleaning and they work fine.My 89 USA Jackson with the ORIGINAL JT-6 trem is still smokin'.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That one has indeed been in that store for a *loooong* time! They showed me that guitar about FIVE years ago when I inquired if they had any Jacksons. Overall, it was in decent shape when I saw it, but I did notice that one of the little metal 'fingers' on the bottom of the bridge--that hold up the fine tuner screws--was bent pretty badly.

Funny thing was, at that time I recall they were asking for well north of $900 of that guitar. I didn't have the heart to tell them what it's really worth.

The Guitar Shop is kind of annoying, because they have some amazing instruments, but most of them are hidden away and you have to ask to see them--and they bring them out one at a time. Since they don't really know sh!t about Jacksons, it's always a process of "no, that's not what I'm looking for, let me see the next one."

And they're snobs, too. The last time I was in there I asked if they had any 7-strings, and the dude I asked said "no" and looked at me as if I was a homeless guy asking him for a handout! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

btw, I wasn't implying that a JT-6 isn't a decent trem for soe of us, I personally do not mind it in some ways.
                  It just isn't the one that usually commands that kind of money in fact, most model 6's are not commanding that price period unless there were to look NOS with hang tags.

Comment

Working...
                  X