Charvel neck thru Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel neck thru Model 6

This is my first post on here.I just bought a Charvel neck thru with a floyd. It has Jackson hum sing sing P/Us, gold hardware,and original fire crackle paint.It looks more like a reddish cheetah spotted pattern.Serial is C804195 stamped on the bottom of the fretboard.Headstock logo is small and says. Charvel by Jackson.
    I would be thankful for any information you members can give on this guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel neck thru Model 6

hardware is not original,made in 88
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

maple neck through, poplar body wings
      active circuit with passive pickups (J50 & J200's?)
      originally would have had a Jackson JT-6 which is probably why the hardware was changed
      killer guitars

Comment

Here is some info on the active midboost system (JE-1200):

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J...l/target3.html

The Model 6 is great, and I was just posting the other day about how mine is my current favorite guitar to play. Hope you enjoy yours as much, & welcome to the JCF! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Made In Japan, rosewood fretboard. Excellent, excellent guitars.

Let's see a pic!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't have a pic of it yet.Will post one as soon as I get a chance.Thinking about replacing pickups.A S/Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge and S/Duncan shr-1s for the singles.Looking for a awsome shredding tone for metal, hence the Dimebucker.I am pretty sure I can get a good Blues tone from the shr-1s.Anyone tried this?

Comment

The older Hot Rails came with a triangular base that would require a bit of routing to fit into he Model 6's cavity. I believe the new ones were redesigned with the round base, but I could be mistaken. I've got a Distortion/Cool Rails/Hot Rails in my 650xl (updated Meodel 6) and I get awesome shredding tones and blues tones galore. The Hot Rails push the boundaries of blues but it can be done. Think about the Cool Rails in the mid like I put in. You might be very pleased with the aded versatility.

Comment

Thanks for the info.Still thinking it over.I'm not going to butcher my axe to replace a pickup but will look into you recommendation.Just want to have my cake and eat it too.

Comment

You used to be able to order the Hot Rails without the lip, but I think that the new ones don't have it now. Check to make sure. They're sweet pickups.

Comment

I've got the 'lil 59 in the neck on mine, and a JB in the bridge. I want to get a Lace Sensor for the middle, but it's sooo good the way it is I'm not really pushed that hard. Fantaastic guitars, welcome to the club [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jim
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Do you have a good vendor via internet? I think I will try it out.

Comment

For Duncans:

http://www.blackrosecustom.emerchantpro.com/

or

http://www.lewsguitars.com/

John and Lew are great guys to deal with.

Comment

Do you have a good vendor via internet? I think I will try it out.
                          I want a Dimebag sound from the bridge and a Gary Moore from the singles. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

forgive my double post.I did not realize the first one went..

Comment

I put a pair of SD Cool Rails in my model 6, and they fit perfectly since there was no triangular base plate. I wanted more of a taditional single coil sound in those positions and not a Hot Rail type sound. I'm currently running a SD Allan Holdsworth in the bridge with one of Budman68's pickup rings.

You can also special order any of the Dimarzio Fast Tracks with the small base to fit in the cavities.

Comment

Working...
                              X