Charvel neck thru Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel neck thru Model 6

Here is a little more I ran into with my "new" guitar.
    I bought it at a pawn shop and did not notice a hairline crack just below the tuner of the low e string.It sounds fine and stays in tune.Appears a repair had been made sometime in the past.
    The Floyd has Gotch stamped on it.Anyone know something on this?

Comment

Well, we already decided that the Floyd was aftermarket since it is gold. If the crack has been professionally repaired than I wouldn't worry about it getting much bigger. It should be pretty stable and as long as it's cosmetic only, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Comment

Thanks Travis,
        The crack is above the locking nut and it is only cosmetic.Still trying to decide on pickups though.I play through a Peavey 5150 combo.
        This is like programing a child for adulthood. lol

Comment

Since the electronics are active when I change to other pickups, will I have to run different wiring or can I stay with what it has? It has three toggles for the pickups.

Comment

Well, the 650xl has a 5 way switch so I can't really help with the wiring.

I have a 5150 1/2 stack that I play through occasionally and my 650 is brutal through that thing. I'm still thinking that it has to be something with the wiring. Of course, your personal taste could just be very different from my own.

Comment

You can install new pickups without changing the wiring. Any passive pickups will work with the midboost circuit, so you can give 'em a try then decide whether you want to keep the electronics or not. Duncan pickups will have the same color coding as the Jackson pickups. The wiring can look pretty intimidating on these, but it's not really that bad if you take your time & sort it out.

Comment

Bought my sh-13 Duncan last weekend.Have not installed it yet.Will not until I get the single coils.
                Will a original Floyd bolt in with no mods? Trying to get all the parts together before I tear it down.

Comment

I believe that the spacing for an original FLoyd is the same. But check the measurements for the block to make sure it will fit through the body. There have been some good tech threads on this swap. Check in there for some more specifics.

Comment

Thanks for the info.I am just taking my time with this one.
                    I have to at $100 a pop for pickups.lol.Not counting what the Floyd will set me back.Hopefully will have all the parts on hand by the end of May. Still scratching my head over the single coils though.
                    I'll post a pick before I tear it down when I can borrow a digital camera.

Comment

Could not wait any longer and stuck the sh-13 Dimebucker in last night. I think this is the shreddingest p/u available..I like it and that's all that matters..

Comment

You're gonna love it!
                        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

The OFR will fit but get the long block since it's not recessed.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the comments.I will keep you all posted as I get it together.
                            Still cannot decide on the single coils.Any more suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                            X