My first Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Charvel

Just got this today. Its a (1987?) Model 4, excellent condition, sharkfins, Original Jackson Pickups H/S/S, Licensed Floyd Rose (Argh!).

Its setup with 9 gauge strings, action is medium-low, not as low as some USA SL-1's I've seen, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Bought it locally from a guitar tech who had the tremolo bridge set up slightly tilted lower towards the high E string, which I've never seen before. He says he bought it as part of a big lot of guitars he bought from a collector who had them in storage for 8 years.

Wasn't sure how to post pix directly to this board, so here's the URL link:

http://pak06.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp...ls&locale=en_US

Now all I need is a neck-thru Model 6, 650XL, 750XL, or USA SL-1 and I'll be happy! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Appreciate any comments or questions...

Re: My first Charvel

Serial # is 249411

Comment

I have her sister! Mine is the same year, electric blue. Serial is 290956...whatever this means [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      She's an amazing player isn't she? That neck... Yum.

Comment

That is a nice 4, Byeh1. Here's mine in Pearl White with Kahler.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Congrats. That's in great shape. Great playing guitars.

Comment

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] That guitar is clean.

The JT6 floyd copy isn't that bad. In fact, it's very decent if it's set up properly.

Comment

My JT6 is well setup and it's a good bridge for sure. Though I have no experience with other Floyds [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, the neck is nice, though action hasnt been set at the lowest I've ever seen, plays nicely.

BTW Alvin, nice axe! How do you post your picture directly to JCF? I still havent figured out how to do that...

Comment

Alvin - how u like that Kahler? The Floyd on mine is a licensed version made in Japan or Taiwan I think, works fine but not as nice as the real Floyd Rose on my Kramer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    BTW Alvin, nice axe! How do you post your picture directly to JCF? I still havent figured out how to do that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, BYeh1, I do love how the pearl white has "aged". For posting to the forum, just follow NOTP's pic tutorial:
                    http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=0#370213

BTW, I do like the Kahler, but I also like Floyd's as well.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Great score! I had a Model 4 and it played great.

Comment

Working...
                      X