Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1 question

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Model 1 Charvel, made in 1992. It looks great, but I dont know much about Charvels... what can you guys tell me about this model ?

Re: Model 1 question

the Model series guitars were built between '86 & '88

The guitar you are looking at is a Model 2. The Model 1 had a vintage trem.

Seems overpriced to me. Starting bid is $500? My Model 2 cost me $180 & the previous owners had Dimarzio pickups fitted.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Both the Model 1 and the Model 2 were made between 86 and 88. There were no comparable models in the toothpaste logo lineup 89-92.
      mstraughen for us to help you we need more info. Shape of logo, type of trem, electronics layout. With that there are several people on here that can answer any question you would have.

Comment

VitaminG, how did you know what I was looking at ?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is this the same model as yours ? If so, what can you tell me about it i.e playability, quality ?

mudkicker, its not in the toothpaste logo lineup, it has the smaller logo at the bottom of the headstock. I've always been a Jackson man, the Charvels are a bit of a mystery to me...

Comment

mstraughen, VitaminG knew how what model you were talking about because i guess he put 2 and 2 together being from Australia like me we saw a model2 on ebay which is wrongly advertised as a model1. Anyway here's pic on my model2, they are pretty nice guitars as are all the model series.

Comment

How do I know about it? Well....that's classified information! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I have a search filter setup on My Ebay, so I am notified of any Charvels listed on Australian Ebay. When you posted that you were looking at a Model 1 made in 1992, it sounded familiar. Vic (genebaby) tells me he has already emailed the seller to let him know what he's got, but as you can see, no changes so far.

My Model 2 is a great player. And it has the darkest rosewood board I have seen. It's a good, solid, substantial guitar, worth way more than what I paid for it. If you can find one for the right price, I'd say go for it. $500 seems a bit high to me, but my wife did pay nearly that much for my minty fresh Model 1A. So if this particularly guitar is calling to you, then it might be worth it. But I think you could find a very nice example for at least $100 less than that.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the info guys ! Tell me, where were these guitars made ? Japan ?

Comment

yep, Japan
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I got mine for $400, the metallic blue is a real killer.

Comment

Working...
                  X