MODEL 650XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MODEL 650XL

Here's hoping someone can give me some information. I've never really kept up with the Charvel/Jackson imports as far as value vs quality, but I have a chance to buy a '95 Charvel Model 650XL. Does anyone have any opinion on this guitar good or bad, and also maybe a price range for one that is in decent shape. Its been sitting unused for a few years.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Re: MODEL 650XL

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#408465

Lots of good info here.

Comment

the 650XLs were made between 89 & 91. From all accounts, they are fine guitars. Check the recent thread here on Toothpaste Logo Charvels. Lots of glowing praise for them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

The 650xl is an amazing guitar. I will never part with mine. Check the serial number stamped into the end of the fretboard for the production year. It should begin with a C and then an 8, 9, 0, or 1. They were only produced from 89-91 as mentioned above. But, mine has an 88 serial number. A good price would be $300-$400 in player's condition and higher if the thing is mint.

Comment

i had one, traded it away, and have regretted it since.
          The electronics in it made it SCREAM. Neck single coil with it was probably my favorite clean sound of any of my guitars.

Im drooling over Newc's, but dont have the spare change to burn.

Comment

Thanks guys...I appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
            X