Charvel 475

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 475

I have a '91 475dlx that has long since been without the original bridge. Does anyone remember exactly what model bridge the original was? I'm using a floyd rose licensed bridge now, but it doesn't quite fit the rout properly. Is there a place to find replacements? Thanks guys...

Re: Charvel 475

The Schaller Floyd Rose is the original bridge for that guitar. If you buy one new it will say Schaller on the plate where it says Floyd Rose on an OFR, the original would have said Jackson or Charvel there. Schaller made them for many companies back then and stamped whatever they wanted on there, Gibson, Hamer etc.

The Jackson term for the bridge is a JT-590, their stamped version of the Schaller Floyd. You can buy them at lots of places that sell parts.

Comment

That is correct, and also the Floyd Rose II is a direct replacement, also made by Schaller and it came in double locking system too.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The Schaller Floyd in my 475 still works like a champ after being beat on since '91. I think it feels better than the Floyd original in my new Suhr.

Comment

What is the difference between a JT-590 and a JT-580?

Comment

The JT-590 was made by Schaller in Germany, while the JT-580 is made by Takeuchi in Japan.

The JT-590 has a smaller size and it's made of better metals than the JT-580. It's more reliable and durable.

Comment

Working...
            X