Any Model 7 Players Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Model 7 Players Here?

I was curious to hear if anyone plays a model 7, and what they think of it. Specifically, how Tele-like is it in sound...or is it totally un Tele-like in sound. I am sure the neck is standard Charvel, but I am interested in the overall sound more than playability.

Thanks,

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Any Model 7 Players Here?

Hey Bro... the Model 7 has two J100's which give it a really nice clean tele sound. But for some reason when I had mine I just couldn't get the fact that it was a Charvel outta my mind and would end up Ripping out Battery or something like that from back in the day. Overall, that model 7 I had (sold to forum member Scotty) played better than any Tele I had ever played. Great guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Hey Bro... the Model 7 has two J100's which give it a really nice clean tele sound. But for some reason when I had mine I just couldn't get the fact that it was a Charvel outta my mind and would end up Ripping out Battery or something like that from back in the day. Overall, that model 7 I had (sold to forum member Scotty) played better than any Tele I had ever played. Great guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I love Teles. However, I also like to crank up the distortion. I am sure I could do both with one.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Comment

<font color="aqua">I have fallen in love with this thing as of late. It's got a great "tele" twang but I think I'm going to give the EMG Tele pickups a try because they supposedly sound amazing and with no noise. You should know that the necks on these are not like a Fender, though, they have a flatter radius and are wider, but play very quickly as well. I really doubt you'd be disappointed but if you're a devoted Fender player, you might be. </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          <font color="aqua">I have fallen in love with this thing as of late. It's got a great "tele" twang but I think I'm going to give the EMG Tele pickups a try because they supposedly sound amazing and with no noise. You should know that the necks on these are not like a Fender, though, they have a flatter radius and are wider, but play very quickly as well. I really doubt you'd be disappointed but if you're a devoted Fender player, you might be. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The neck is the reason why I would like it so much. I am sure it is flat and wide, like my Predator. Hard to find a Tele with a neck like that. I have had a Tele with EMGs...they are very nice and sound great.

Mike

Comment

<font color="aqua">great! Sounds like it will be a perfect "marriage" then! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I love Teles. However, I also like to crank up the distortion. I am sure I could do both with one.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Sure you can! Savatage's Criss Oliva had a Tele-shaped Charvel... it was the Legend which is a little bit different than the Model 7, with a toothpaste logo, but still cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Theres one on aus ebay now, I'd grab it but i dont like teles..........
                http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

Working...
                X