X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of Manufacture/ serial number for Model 4 & 6

Hey guys,

I'm new to the JCF, and am really trying to date all my Charvel Model 4's and 6's...and need some help! My understanding so far with the model 6's is that the 1st letter denotes the date (i.e. 7=1987, 8= 1988, etc.)..but what about the month? What about a few I have that have a LETTER first, i.e C81199... ? Also, what about my model 6's that DON'T have the serial number stamped on the last fret...where is it?

RE: Model 4's I have no clue, the serials start with 23334...and 3225...etc....how can I tell the date/year on these? Were the Model series only made in the 80's or did it go into the 90's also? Thanks for any and all help!

Re: Date of Manufacture/ serial number for Model 4 & 6

If you've got a neckthrough Charvel without a serial number on the last fret, it's been removed. C denotes Charvel neckthrough. All neckthrough Charvels were made in Japan - none in America.

There's no way to tell the month except to find someone who has a receipt or hang tag for a very close serial number that shows the date.
    There's an old thread in the Import Charvel section that had a pretty long list of JCFer's Model models and their numbers, and a few had exact dates. From those, you could estimate the month and year of similar numbers.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Early neckthru Charvels had the serial number on a sticker on the back of the headstock. So, its been removed. But its most likely an 86 or an 87 depending on the bridge.........

Comment

I didn't know that about the sticker. Interesting.

What bridges do your numberless M6s have, and are the headstock logos the script version or the guitar-shaped one?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X