Warmoth neck + 475 body question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth neck + 475 body question.

The neck on my 475 is pretty much shot and I was looking at getting a Warmoth replacement neck. On Warmoth's site they say the neck mounting holes are pre-drilled and there is a $15 charge to get a neck without the holes.

Does anyone know if the holes drilled by Warmoth line up with the holes in a 475 body?

Mike E.

Re: Warmoth neck + 475 body question.

The will line up perfect, don't worry about it. I've done this quite a few times [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice, thanks txcharvel. I have heard some people getting away w/o doing a fret leveling on these necks. Has this been your experience?

Comment

i thought the heel on the warmoth were not the same size as the charvel?

Comment

The heel is not the same size and there will be a very minute gap on either side of the neck...but trust me, you will not notice it. It's just big enough to slide a piece of paper into. The neck will center perfectly with the pre-drilled holes.

Right now I have Warmoth necks on two guitars and I have not had the frets leveled. Both of these guitars are my best players and have very low action.

I would also suggest getting stainless steel frets ($20 extra from Warmoth). The frets always feel polished and new, plus they will last a lot longer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I really like Warmoth necks. Whenever I get the G.A.S. for a new guitar I just look at bodies because I know I can get the neck I want from Warmoth.

Comment

I can handle little gaps; this is meant to be a player.

SS frets have ruined me for life. My Suhr has them and now I don't want a guitar w/o them. Every time I'm looking at a guitar I think of the extra cost to have SS frets put on.

Thanks again

Comment

Hey tx, I forgot to ask...

Do you get necks with the angled headstock?

Comment

I don't have an angled neck right now but I have had one before. I used to have an angled Strat-head from Warmoth. I really wish I would have kept that one.

Comment

This is good to hear since I am thinking about doing a parts guitar next. I might go with a Warmoth neck on an old Charvel body (perhaps with the Wolfgang neck carve). So it does me good to hear that there wouldn't be too much hassle involved in slapping the neck on.

Comment

I have a really nice Charvel Model A plus neck that I want to send to Warmoth and have them build a body for. The neck is birdseye maple with a nice ebony fretboard. I'm thinking of going with a mahogany body/birdsey maple top or something. I'm hoping this is something they'd be willing to do.
                    Good deals with:
                    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Working...
                    X